Another Till on eBay with DH-POS installed!

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Alan
POS Guru
Another Till on eBay with DH-POS installed!

Post by Alan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:25 pm

Found another Till on eBay with DH-POS installed!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11891

Its an IBM SureOne 4614, the peripherals won't work with DH-POS, and i'm amazed how he managed to get Windows 95 running with 4Mb of RAM! I know its possible but you need to do some tweaking from what I remember!

If the keyboard is PS/2 it may be able to work with DH-POS but the printer and cash drawer might not. The cash drawer is 36Volts and I'm unsure if its using an RS-485 interface or not (may be able to fire using dos)

I'm now the proud owner of an IBM SureOne 4694-207, upgraded to PIII/850, 160Mb RAM, 20Gb HDD running Windows 2000! Alas its the narrow footprint version which has no Parallel port on the backplane :(

Alan

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

POS Systems With DHPOS

Post by ChrisKraus » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:45 pm

Actually, Dale could make some money by selling old computers with DHPOS on it and with some equiptment (barcode scanner, reciept printer, cash drawer).

Just An Idea,
Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

GAWG
Forum Regular

Post by GAWG » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:30 pm

4 meg of RAM for Win95

:D

ha good luck!!

cmputerman
Forum Regular

Post by cmputerman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:32 pm

GAWG wrote:4 meg of RAM for Win95

ha good luck!!
My neigobor got '95 to work with 8MB of RAM not much more :lol:

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:18 am

Actually, Dale could make some money by selling old computers with DHPOS on it and with some equiptment (barcode scanner, reciept printer, cash drawer).
So...all we need to do is find some hole in the time-space continuum so after work, Dale can go there, code DHPOS. Then, when he's done a few hours there he can slip back into real-time to run this secondhand project and get some sleep.

It's a long shot, but it's a chance I am willing to take. :roll:
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

GAWG
Forum Regular

Post by GAWG » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:43 am

cmputerman wrote:
GAWG wrote:4 meg of RAM for Win95

ha good luck!!
My neigobor got '95 to work with 8MB of RAM not much more :lol:

Oh, you *can* get it to work, but don't try and keep your records on it or try to be too efficient

;)

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Mention Program/Website

Post by ChrisKraus » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:20 pm

Alan wrote:Found another Till on eBay with DH-POS installed!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11891

Its an IBM SureOne 4614, the peripherals won't work with DH-POS, and i'm amazed how he managed to get Windows 95 running with 4Mb of RAM! I know its possible but you need to do some tweaking from what I remember!

If the keyboard is PS/2 it may be able to work with DH-POS but the printer and cash drawer might not. The cash drawer is 36Volts and I'm unsure if its using an RS-485 interface or not (may be able to fire using dos)

I'm now the proud owner of an IBM SureOne 4694-207, upgraded to PIII/850, 160Mb RAM, 20Gb HDD running Windows 2000! Alas its the narrow footprint version which has no Parallel port on the backplane :(

Alan
<HR>
I don't think they even mentioned the DHPOS website or even the name of the software. They did have pictures of DHPOS running though.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Adam Ward
Occasional Poster

Post by Adam Ward » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:41 pm

Windows 95 will run fine on 4 mb of RAM, if you have the version for 386 and 486 based computers :lol: . My terminals where I work will most likely run with 5x86 Based systems which have 4 mb integrated RAM on them. I have an old version of Windows on floppies ( yes on floppies) and it works fine ... a little slow but still quite well. :D
Adam C. Ward
Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada

sfrk001
Forum Regular

Post by sfrk001 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:35 pm

My Terminals are AMD 2200+ with Windows XP! :)
The seller said the cash drawer worked and the scanner worked. But and it says there is a paralell port for the printer.