Print Job Prints Slow

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

um_fan
Print Job Prints Slow

Post by um_fan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 am

Dale,
First off, thank you for all the work you put into this.
A little token of my appreciation is on its way!

Last night I finally got my hands on a used Epson printer off of eBay.
I pick up an old TM-T85 Serial printer (Dale, I know how you feel about serial printers).
But I picked this up for only $20.00 shipped...

On the bright side, I did get it to work using Aprint4.exe and a USB to serial converter.
But after I “ring up” a transaction and print a receipt...It prints real slow.
I did print from a different POS program I’m trying out and it worked just fine.

I’ve check the baud rate, on both the printer and the com port. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
GO CANES!

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Print Job Prints Slow

Post by daleadmin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am

Are you saying that there is a delay before the printer begins to print or that once the printer starts printing that it prints slow?

If the problem is a delay that is because there is always a delay before Windows starts a print job. Even when I print from MS Word when I click on the printer icon I have to wait before the printer actually kicks in. I have no idea why and I have no way to fix Windows.

However when using a parallel printer and the output goes directly to LPT1: there is no delay. Serial printers are just plain fun, aren't they?

Sorry,
Dale

um_fan

Re: Print Job Prints Slow

Post by um_fan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for the quick reply!
daleadmin wrote: "once the printer starts printing that it prints slow?"
This print said it can do "12 Lines per second" but running under DHPOS it's doing like "2 lines per second". :)