Sale printing problems

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dukane
Forum Regular
Sale printing problems

Post by Dukane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi Dale,

I am using APRINT4.exe to print my receipts. Sometimes, the receipts simply do not print. Nothing scrolls by in the APRINT window, as if the APRINT program never recieved any new data. This is usually after I complete a parked sale. To get around this, I am using the SALE REPRINT feature of the void menu option so I can give a printed receipt to the customer. However, some of the receipts have the words TAX EXEMPT on the bottom, even though I have not done anything to put it there.

On the lines of parked sales, I have the customers information set to print on the receipts, however it does not print!

Do you know what might be going on?

UPDATE: The problems with nothing come out of the printer seem to be on sales where I have previously printed a customer sale check, and now this time around I am going for option #3, Print receipt and complete sale.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Re: Sale printing problems

Post by Dukane » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 am

Today I've had better luck, the receipt printed on first try. However, I am still getting TAX EXEMPT on the bottom and I do not know why and the customer data is not printing on the top of the receipt.

Going along with the customer information not being displayed on the receipt, it seems that the sale data is not being recorded into the customer's sales record. For example, if I use POSCONFG to view customer data, it will show the last sale, etc... for that customer. However, I am looking at a customer for whom I just printed a receipt. I press 3 to Display this customer's sales and it shows nothing.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:21 am

Anyone? Dale??

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Dukane,

What version of the POS program and APRINT are you using?

Dale

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 pm

I am using the latest version, from the website

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Any clue Dale?

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Yes? No?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:31 pm

I am having a hard time replicating this problem. Some times I fix a minor problem and just upload the fix with the same version number. Try downloading only the latest POS.EXE file and see if that helps http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe

Dale

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Thank you Dale. I will test it out in the days to come and let you know if the situation changes.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:27 am

Enter a sale, press + to total, select option 2, print customer sale check and park. Enter sale name (FRED) and it starts to print. It prints up to the end of the first line of the items, then the program crashed. What did print of the receipt, had the customer's information printed on it. I reopened the program, retrieved the sale and printed it again to get the whole thing. This time, the whole receipt printed but the customer information did not print on it.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 pm

When printing the customer sales check, only the first line of the Receipt Header prints out, not the whole thing.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Dukane,

Please send a copy of your ?????.POS file to daleharris@prodigy.net

Thanks,
Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Dukane,

I have been printing sales checks for a while now with your ?????.POS settings with no problems. I did notice that in your "Printer setup" settings that you have "Forced line feed" to "YES" This should be set to "NO" when you have the printer port set to FILE: and are using a USB printer. Of course if you are using a serial printer then all bets are off. Try resetting "Forced line feed" to "NO" and printing a sales check.

While using your settings I did find a fatal bug when printing a receipt of a sale paid by check. Assuming that you are using version 7.03 you can download http://keyhut.com/pos.exe to try version 7.03x. Make a backup of your current POS.EXE file first.

Dale

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:56 am

Still seem to be having trouble with sales not printing. Also, customer data is not being recorded when a sale is completed.