A bit problem with the printing & cash drawer...

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

peewee3ie
Forum Regular
Re: A bit problem with the printing & cash drawer...

Post by peewee3ie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:35 am

arcovine,

I have tryed your code for opening the cash drawer and it not that.

How is the printer connected to the computer com port or parllel port.

You said in your first post that you canged the computer from one to another and back again.

So could you try this to see if it fixes it

go in to posconfig and to program printer and set the printer ready code ( the software should read this for you and tell it to set it for you)

Have you put your cash drawer code in to posconfig, open cash drawer or did you put in for posconfig, printer setup and pressed F1 and put the ode in here???
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 pm

The Epson TM-U220D print drivers and setup utility have many configuration options which may be the problem. Did you install the print drivers for this printer? If you did, You may want to use the SetupPOS Utility program that came with the printer and verify the printer setting to factory defaults (I think it is OPOS that you want to use). a choice like; Work Like An *Old School* Printer would be a nice option.

If changing setting in the Utility doesn't work, I'd try resetting the printer to its defaults. Then uninstall the drivers and try printing directly to LPT1 or with Windows generic text printer set to LPT1.

hope this helps.
b
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:41 am

@peewee:
Sorry I just had the time to reply today. Well, I got the drawer codes from http://keyhut.com/popopen.htm
In there, I found no codes for Epson TM-U220D, so I used the codes for Epson TM-U220A instead. And ever since the first time I used it, it worked; I never changed the codes again.

I put the codes into POSCONFG, Open Cash Drawer by the way.

Okay, that was the problem in our Japanese restaurant. Now we're just about to open a new shop. As usual, I set the POS program for my brother again. He bought a new Epson TM-U220D printer. However, this new printer used USB cable; while the old one used LPT1 cable.

But when I input the codes (which are 27,112,0,25,250), the cash drawer didn't pop open. Instead, it printed some weird characters on the receipt. Is there anything you can do about this? Are the codes wrong? Or the APRINT5 program didn't send signal to the cash drawer? Help please?
Thank you very much :)

@bruce:
Yes, I installed the printer driver for the printer. But it didn't seem to have SetupPOS Utility program...

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:22 am

Bruce,

Did the receipt have a letter P followed by a dot? That is what the code 27,112,0,25,250 should print since 27,0 and 25 are nonprintable characters. You can try this, change the pop-open code to 65,66,67,68,69,70 and try to open the drawer. It will not open but ABCDEF will be printed on the receipt. If you do see ABCDEF then at least you know that the proper codes are being received by the printer, maybe.

Double check the code to make sure that it is correct. 27 must be the first code in the top position.

Lots of people do use the USB version of that printer and do not report your problem.

Is there a possibility of going back to your supplier and exchanging for a LPT1: port printer. Then you will not have to use the APRINT5 program or install a printer driver and you know it will work. If your computer does not have a LPT1 port you can get one for a PCI slot here http://www.newegg.com/product/product.a ... 6815166005

Dale

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:43 pm

@mr dale:
well, on the aprint program, the characters appeared as these: ←p ↓·
also, i've tried 65,66,67,68,69,70 code. it printed ABCDEF on the receipt, but the cash drawer didn't pop open.

about exchanging the printer.. i don't know, since the shop is about to open on the next 2 days. if there's a way to fix this problem, then there'll be no need to exchange it.. which i think will take pretty long time..

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 pm

arcovine,

Could you try this code 27,112,0,0,0 It should open the cash drawer as well. If the printer prints any thing Please could you post it here as well

does the printer cut the paper for you if so could you try the code you post above for the cash drawer where the cutter code is to see if the printer will open the cash drawer
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:32 am

@peewee:
umm, right now i'm not at the shop until tomorrow, but i'll try it when i'm at the shop. at the moment my brother told me that the POS program's often freezed. for example when we're about to end a sale, the program suddenly freezed by itself. i wonder what's wrong with it?

fyi, i'm using the latest version of the program on Win XP. thanks in advance.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 pm

For the freezing problem make sure that the pole display is set to POLE.DAT and not DIRECT ACCESS if you do not have a pole display.

Also check the pen drawer is set to PRINTER and not COM

Dale

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:19 pm

@peewee:
i've tried that code, but the program always freeze.

@mr dale:
tried that, but still freeze...

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Read this about filenames http://keyhut.com/faq.htm#filename

Please email to me as an attachment your ???????.POS file.

daleharris@prodigy.net

Dale

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:01 am

sorry, just had the time to reply to you today. i've sent the file to you. my email is herlina(a)gmail.com.

thank you very much for your help :)