MOVING ITEMS BETWEEN STORES

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

riors
Occasional Poster
MOVING ITEMS BETWEEN STORES

Post by riors » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:08 pm

hi dale,

i'm setting up dhpos for my stores. actually i have 4 stores to set up. suddenly one thing pop out of my mind. how am i gonna move items between stores in term of updating the stock table? in the same time i dont want the staffs to look at the stock table as it is a secret. i don't find it in the manual or am i missing something?

thanks in advance dale.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: MOVING ITEMS BETWEEN STORES

Post by daleadmin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:09 pm

riors,

The trick is not receiving the items at the receiving store, you can use the RECEIVE.EXE program for that and treat it like it was being received from a vendor to be added to the stock table inventory. Here are the instructions http://keyhut.com/postip9.htm#receive

The trick is to remove the inventory from the stock table of the sending store. The best way to do that is to ring the merchandise into a sale and change all the prices to 0.00 as you do it. You will be limited to 60 different items per transaction so if you are transferring a whole bunch of stuff I suggest that you ring each packing case separately.

Dale

riors
Occasional Poster

Post by riors » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:25 am

daleadmin wrote:riors,

The trick is not receiving the items at the receiving store, you can use the RECEIVE.EXE program for that and treat it like it was being received from a vendor to be added to the stock table inventory. Here are the instructions http://keyhut.com/postip9.htm#receive

The trick is to remove the inventory from the stock table of the sending store. The best way to do that is to ring the merchandise into a sale and change all the prices to 0.00 as you do it. You will be limited to 60 different items per transaction so if you are transferring a whole bunch of stuff I suggest that you ring each packing case separately.

Dale
:idea: I got the way dave but another thing came out. when we change the price to 0.00, will it effect the profit report for the sending store or i have to re-calculate the profit after closing?
:?: :roll:

riors
Occasional Poster

Post by riors » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:46 am

dale,

what about the report? will it be affected when i change the price to zero?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:02 pm

riors,

Dale will get back to you when he has time, there's no need to bump the thread, he's not watching the forums 24/7 every day.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

riors
Occasional Poster

Post by riors » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:47 am

i'm cool andrew. sometimes just too curious hehe. :lol: or do you have an idea about it? :|

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:25 pm

From the DHPOS Municipal Research Center & Taco Shack
[Mottos: We never sleep. Occasionally we are correct. You want fries with that?]

Actually removing items from the inventory by ringing them up in a zero value sale will screw up a couple of things. As you pointed out it will screw up the profit report but it will also screw up the history reports and since it is not an actual sale the counts of the daily sales transactions. It will also probably mess up other things that I cannot think of at the moment.

So what to do? The solution is to have the sending shop use the RECEIVE.EXE program but to enter negative pieces into the invoice. Start the program and open a page as you normally would. Now enter the merchandise you are sending out as you would merchandise you are receiving except that when enter the pieces you enter a negative value. For example if you are sending out 30 can openers you would enter -30 as the “pieces”. Normally the program will not let you enter a negative value here. However if you press [Delete] then [-] then type in an amount it will be entered as a negative amount. Since the [-] sign will take up one character in the field the maximum number of pieces you can send out on one line will be 9999 but you can transfer the same item out on multiple lines.

And remember that the counts will not be updated in your stock table inventory until you read the .RCV file that is created by the RECEIVE.EXE program using the POS.EXE program.

Tech Support

riors
Occasional Poster

Post by riors » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:20 am

THANK YOU VERY MUCH DALE!!! I LOVE U MAN!!!! this really3x brought peace to my mind. now, a clear road ahead. thanks again dale.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

biglog
Occasional Poster

Post by biglog » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:02 am

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread, but I have been playing with the "Receiving" Program as I am going to be opening a new store and moving stock from the original shop to the new one.

Dale's negative pieces in the receiving program works well for small amounts. I will be transferring lots of items (around 2500) and doing this though the receiving program will be a lot of work. The solution I have come up with also saves time when uploading the new stock to the new store.

My solution is to export the stock table to a data file (see the manual) and then manipulate it in excel creating 2 new files to import back into the respective stores.

Log