New idea for the Journal tape

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Poll ended at Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:37 am

I would use this in my store
60%
I would not use this in my store
30%
I dont understand. HELP ME
10%

Total votes: 10

Payphone
Occasional Poster

Post by Payphone » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:37 am

Hi
i have a new idea for the Journal tape this is for the posnet and for users that are on a network .
The idea is if you have more then one register the Journal tape could be printed to the server . i have 10 registers in my store so that means 10 Journal tapes but my idea is when you close the register out for the day it will give you a option to prient or to cancal like now but my idea is to prient at the regster or to prient to server or cancel. after all the registers are close for the day then you will go to the server then close that out then the server will print out all of the registers in order Journal tape.

Give me your feedback on this

Chas

To Server Printer or Server File??

Post by Chas » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:50 am

I like that idea alot :) It would be great in a networked enviorment. Maybe it could save the journal files to a file on the server and then when you close the store for the day from the server it would print out all the register journals for the day... I do think its a good idea though to keep the open & closing reports enabled at each register as far as Shift Change goes that way you can still get the readings.

Chas

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:10 pm

Hi
I have 7 Registers for my office store and i love the idea to have 1 Journal tape

Thanks