DHPOStock Info-System

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

AndreasKohn
Occasional Poster
DHPOStock Info-System

Post by AndreasKohn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:59 pm

I have something to test here. You need Framework3.5. Don´t use it with your original DHPOS. Make a backup. Replies are welcome.

Greetings,
Andreas
Attachments
DHPOSStock.zip
(18.52 KiB) Downloaded 431 times

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: DHPOStock Info-System

Post by daleadmin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 pm

What is it supposed to do?

Dale

AndreasKohn
Occasional Poster

Post by AndreasKohn » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:13 am

Sorry, it was too late yesterday to write more than a little note.
Until now the program reads the Stocktable and displays it in a more convenience way with some little additions. Average price, gross-price etc.. The plan is to connect the Stocktable with an external Database with much more additional Informations maybe for an online shop, or statistics : a history for price changes, when was the article sold last time (about, depends on scanning changes) etc.
I think this is possible, all I need is a little bit support.

Microsoft .net Framework 3.5 is requiered. At first start you have to enter the directorys for the POS and TBL Files, the TAX as in DHPOS and the currency (not used at the moment).

You can use it while DHPOS is running, but DON´T ring a sale while starting the programm. So, while the programm is in beta status, use it on your own risk. I had copies of the .tbl and .pos files for testing.

Next week I will realize Multilanguage, better error-handling and connecting to an external database.
More ideas are welcome.

Have a happy new year,

Andreas

digicafe
Occasional Poster

Post by digicafe » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 am

as we know , now dhpos can do automatic to save what report we want when we do a closing. on my dhpos i make report will automatic save report "sales by stock" in the folder. Any idea to create the program to view sales by report by report range.
what i mean is we just put start date and end date and the system will show the report for sale by stock. ANY IDEA?
dwfwfgfwf

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 pm

Digicafe,

I am assuming that what you want is to be able to generate a merchandise report for a specific time period defined by a start date and an end date.

The closest the program can do to that is to generate a history report for the last 1 to 12 months. The .HST file stores sales of each item (pieces and monetary amount) by month, i.e. there is a January column, a February column, a March column, etc. So the history report is set up (it is now December 31) to be able to tell you how many of item 123456 you sold in the last 3 months meaning Oct, Nov, and Dec. Or any number of months (up to 12) ending in December. When a new month starts it will overwrite the same month from last year. This means that tomorrow the January column in the history report will be reset to all zeros and new sales from January 2010 will begin to fill the January column.

Since the data is stored by month a program could be written that would allow you to create a report with the sales from any particular month (of the last 12) for example the sales from September.

However it would be impossible to create a report with sales from 9-5 to 10-3 because the data file only stores totals for each month, it has no idea on what day of the month an item was sold even though 4 (for example) was sold during the month.

But just wait!

When (if) the customer accounts feature is finished it will store every transaction in a huge database forever. You will then be able to find out how many of item 123456 you sold from noon on 6-21-2010 to 3:23 p.m. on 8-25-2010 even if you make your query on 4-25-2037. Is that accutate enough for everyone? But it may take a while to generate that report since the program may have to look through possibly millions of transactions depending on your request.

Dale

AndreasKohn
Occasional Poster

Post by AndreasKohn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Now, localized (german and english, more are possible) and some new features like search, sort, listview for categorys. Fixed some errors, and first steps for binding external informations (deactivated). Again too late and too tired for writing more. Test it and tell me.

cu, Andreas
Attachments
DHPOSStock.zip
(49.43 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

AndreasKohn
Occasional Poster

Post by AndreasKohn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:05 pm

I forgott to upload an update for my Info-System. Localized (most parts), backup and restore, Listgenerator with printoutput and a search function. Now with installer. If you don´t have .net Framework 3.5 installed the installer will load it from MS. It takes about 15-20 minutes so don´t cancel.

(276KB too big to attach it!)

http://www.foto-kohn.de/ccount/click.php?id=3