DHPOS Freezing Lots

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

toydept
Occasional Poster
DHPOS Freezing Lots

Post by toydept » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi,

Iv installed the software on Windows XP Professional with a USB receipt printer, cash drawer and keyboard-wedge scanner. Sometimes at the end of a sale, i type in the cash or check amount and press enter but nothing happens. I press ALT and ENTER to come out of full screen and the box is black. This also happens when, from the main menu, i select File Maintenence and then select Stock Table. The software freezes up and doesnt even start to start the stock table program - you are left with the file maintenence menu and cant move the pointer - so i just press ALT and ENTER and, close the box and start again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: DHPOS Freezing Lots

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Toydept,

Are you trying to run the program full screen? That will usually not work with XP. Read this http://keyhut.com/faq.htm#screen

Dale