Free support for DHPOS?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Free support for DHPOS?

Post by daleadmin » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 am

I have no idea where this came from or who is doing or why it but here it is http://www.freepossupport.com/

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: Free support for DHPOS?

Post by peewee3ie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 am

Dale,

I have done a whois lookup and the person who ownes freepossupport.com has gone to the trouble of hiding his/her info. I should say they have paid extra to do it.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Ken

Post by Ken » Sun May 30, 2010 4:17 am

daleadmin wrote:I have no idea where this came from or who is doing or why it but here it is http://www.freepossupport.com/

Dale
I came here out of curiosity after noticing this site in my referral logs. I was the owner of freepossupport.com, I was going to use it as a knowledgebase for the vast documentation I have accumulated setting up POS systems using DHPOS over the years and some of the techniques I used and easy how-to guides as well as let people E-mail me questions (
I would have offset my costs by running ads selling POS hardware), but I decided against this as I am no longer directly involved in the POS industry.

I have also removed all mention of DHPOS from my other sites (I used to recommend it).

As mentioned before I am no longer directly involved in the POS industry (I occasionally supply hardware but I no longer set up) so I will probably not mention DHPOS in future. It was a great product though and gave me a competitive advantage as people who bought hardware complained of expensive POS software (commercial POS software cost as much as the hardware where I live) so I installed DHPOS (I did some very big installations) for free meaning I had an edge.

You can remove this thread if you want to as it's no longer relevant.
peewee3ie wrote:Dale,

I have done a whois lookup and the person who ownes freepossupport.com has gone to the trouble of hiding his/her info. I should say they have paid extra to do it.
:roll: Most registrars offer free Whois Guard when purchasing a domain name which is activated by clicking a radio box. I hide my details so scammers and spammers can't access my details. But believe whatever you want to!

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sun May 30, 2010 5:54 am

Ken wrote:
daleadmin wrote:I have no idea where this came from or who is doing or why it but here it is http://www.freepossupport.com/

peewee3ie wrote:Dale,

:roll: Most registrars offer free Whois Guard when purchasing a domain name which is activated by clicking a radio box. I hide my details so scammers and spammers can't access my details. But believe whatever you want to!
Hi Ken,

Well any time I have register a domain name I had to pay to have the info hiden. I have this with 4 diffrent registrars. I hope we have no hard feelling over this.

I would say Dale would be happy if you keep telling people about Dales DHPOS software and keep a link back to Dale's site
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support