tax codes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

nicky soulis
tax codes

Post by nicky soulis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

How do I enter a 0% tax code. For example, tea, coffee and food staples are tax free, how can I enter this into the POS?

Many thanks,
Nicky
(newbie user)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: tax codes

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Nicky,

If you are running the program without a stock table then when you are asked to enter the price press [F7] until the tax rate is zero.

If you are running the program with a stock table then in the [TAX] column for that item just leave it set to [0]

Dale

nicky soulis

Post by nicky soulis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Dale. I'm not using a stock table. When I enter the price and hit [F7] it toggles between the tax rates I entered into the tax chart. The tax chart did not allow me to enter a 0 value. I'm in Ontario so I entered two taxes, 5% in left column and 8% in right column for regular merchandise and 5% in the left column only for PST exempt items (books). I'm still not sure how to process sales for non taxable items.
Am I missing a stage?

Thank you for your help!
Nicky

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Nicky,

When you are first entering in the price into a sale below where you type in the price it will display...

Code: Select all

TAX RATE   5.00
when you press [F7] it will change to...

TAX RATE   5.00
when you press [F7] again it will change to...

TAX RATE   0.00
At this point any price you type in will be ALL PRICE meaning that any price you type in will not contain any tax.

Dale