Graphic printing codes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dalem44
Forum Regular
Graphic printing codes

Post by Dalem44 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

Hi I would like to print graphics on top of my receipts but I cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone help?
I have a tm88ivp and I have tried the software from epson to print logos and it works but as soon as I use cash register it just prints normally. Do I need the graphic codes? and where will I find them as they are not in the manual.

Regards
Dalem

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Graphic printing codes

Post by daleadmin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Some receipt printers have a feature where you can load a graphic image into memory and then it will print it out. The trick is to tell the printer when you want it printed out. This is done by sending a "control code" to the printer. The printer receives the code and then prints the graphic.

So you need to know two things...

1. The control code to get the printer to print the graphic. For this you will have to consult the printer's manual. It is unfortunate that most receipt printer manuals are in Martian so I wish you good luck in finding it. It is basically the save format as the "open drawer" or "cutter bar" codes, usually something that has 3 - 5 numbers with the first number being 27; like 27,115,52,0,63. However since there is that Martian thing the manual may not give you the code in decimal but in hexidecimal where the code will begin with 1B and look something like 1B, 45, A1, 00, 2F. Or they will give you the ASCII characters like ESC, k, 4, M, &. However you have to enter it in decimal no matter how it is presented in the manual.

2. Where to type the control code into the POS program. This I can help you with. Go to the "Header / Footer" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and press [F5]. There you can type in the "print graphic" code from your manual and that part of the program will even help you convert the code into decimals of you need the help. If this is done correctly the graphic will print out at the top of every header.

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks for the help,
I have emailed epson support for the code but I think that is going to be like pulling teeth. Do you know of any resources that I can check for the code. The manual is absolutely useless, It basically explains how to unpack the box.

I have another question regarding the software, How can I prevent the system from printing at startup?

Thanks Again

Regards
Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Go to the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and set "Ask before printing opening receipt." to "YES"

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:21 am

Thanks Dale,

Are there any resources that I may consult in order to get that code that I am looking for?

Regards
Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 am

Hi Dalem44,

I have been looking for the code to do with another POS system and it for a epson printer that has a logo in it.

I have been through epsons pos part of their web site and have not found the code. I also going to e-mail them to see if I can get it.

If I do I will hope to get time to post it here for everyone.

The only other thing that can be done is to google for it. It could take a long time to find it.

If you do get it could you post it here so dale can add it to the printer codes for everyone.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:50 am

Hi Dale

I have just found this in a manual for pos software on the net.

it could be wrong, but here it is

I think it should be one of these

27,28,112,1,48 or 27,112,1,48

I hope to try it out later as I have to call to the friend that has the system and printer that has the logo on the printer.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks for the help but those codes didn't seem to work. Do you have any others I could try?

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:37 am

Hi Dalem44,

Not yet but I will post what I find in codes
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:02 am

This is extremely frustrating, as I have uploaded the logo onto nvmemory and i can print it via the tmlogo utility but cannot get it to print anywhere else.

Regards
Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 am

Does anybody have the code? maybe even for other epson printers that i can try?

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Dalem44,

This is the code I got and it works for me

As you can read the bit of the e-mail I got from epson is bellow

"To recall logo from printer:
decimal:
28 112 1 where 1 is number logo location"
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks, I will give it a try later in the week as I have sent the hardware out already. Is this for the TM-T88IV?
How do I know what spot the logo is stored in the printer?

Thanks again
Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 am

Hi,
I tried the code you specified but it still wont work. How do I know the logo's location?

Dale