Purchase Order error after upgrade

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

bobcar
Occasional Poster
Purchase Order error after upgrade

Post by bobcar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 pm

After upgrading to 7.04d, I am unable to enter headers or create purchase orders from the Purchase File. The error reads :- Bad file mode in line 0 of module PURCH2 at address 1412:19BA.
The program has been in use with a large stock file for many years. Any help would be appreciated.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Purchase Order error after upgrade

Post by daleadmin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Bobcar,

I just tried it here and it worked fine.

At what point did the error occur?
What was on the screen when the error occured?
Were all other POS programs closed?

Dale

bobcar
Occasional Poster

Post by bobcar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:55 am

The problem occurs when I select "enter header data" or after selecting a vendor to create a puchase order. I can create a proof sheet. All POS programs are closed.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 pm

bobcar,

It may be that your .VND file is corrupted.

Read this about file names http://keyhut.com/faq.htm#filename

Please attach the following files to an email and send them to daleharris@prodigy.net

??????.VND ??????.TBL ??????.IDX

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Bobcar and I traded some emails and it turned out the program was not a corrupted .VND file, there was no .VDN file at all and one could not be created.

The .VND file is kept in a sub-folder that has the same name as the register file, i.e. if your register file name is KEYSHOP then the KEYSHOP.VND file is kept in a subfolder named KEYSHOP. If it does not exist the subfolder is created by the PURCHASE program. However Bobcar had a file in the POS folder with the same name as the required folder, to use the example a file named KEYSHOP with no extension. Well DOS cannot create a folder with the same name as a file so this is a big problem. Bobcar removed the KEYSHOP file so that the program could create a KEYSHOP folder and all was well.

Since the same name sub-folder is used for many other things will be a swell plan to never put a file without an extension in the POS folder that has the same name as the register file.

Dale