Journal Transaction Missing

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lsunw
Forum Regular
Journal Transaction Missing

Post by lsunw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 am

Hi,

I'm having this problem which I not sure is my PC causing it or the DHPOS casuing it?

I'm using DHPOS ver. 7.03 & Windows XP...I closing my Sales Half way of the day, I closed at 6pm but I close sales at 5.30pm and then open the POS continue for the rest of the day

Lately, I found that I have 1 missing transaction for a few day and they occur between the last transaction of the previous day and the opening transaction of the next day...

I still monitor it but I not very sure it happened everyday or not, as I checked back the pass journal record it only start to happen everyday this week...

But, everyday I close sale the money inside the cash drawer balance with the closing receipt.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Journal Transaction Missing

Post by daleadmin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 pm

lsunw,

When you say a transaction is missing does this mean that when you look at the journal that the transaction numbers are not sequential, i.e. that for example the series of transactions would be 2565, 2566, 2567, 2569, 2570, 2571 (2568 is missing) Or are the transaction numbers sequential but a transaction you remember is not there.

If you use the "5. Voids" feature to look up the missing transaction is it there?

Are the missing transactions all the same type, for example all no sales or all returns?

Dale

lsunw
Forum Regular

Post by lsunw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Dale,

Yes, The transaction number is missing are not sequential

If i use void to find the transaction, the transaction is last few week/month transaction. For eg., 2567 is today date... 2568 is few week ago date...2569 is next day opening date...

I not sure the missing transaction are all the same type or not, i guess they are not same type...but i will try to monitor and see I can find other clue or not.

AussieAussie
Forum Regular

Post by AussieAussie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:59 am

I have noticed that when closing the program the printout created is the next transaction number so when I next open it I have a number missing. (well it's not really)

E.g.
sales for the day number 7564 through to 7925. Closing printout is transaction number 7926. Next sale after opening is number 7927.

Is this what you mean you're looking for?
"...In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."