Usb Printers

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dalem44
Forum Regular
Usb Printers

Post by Dalem44 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi,

I have a major problem, the printer I am using for a POS setup is a parallel printer and the pc does not have parallel ports. So, I have not purchased a parallel to usb cable which lets windows pick up the printer but asks for a strange driver that I cannot find. When I install the advanced printer drivers for the tm-88iv it shows in the printers folder but says unavailable. Is there anyway to get this to work? alternatively, can I buy a usb version of the printer? will this work?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: Usb Printers

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Dalem44,

You can get a Parallel PCI card that goes inside the pc and it will be picked up as a LPT1. This is what I use to get over the problem of Parallel ports and seril ports not been on PC.

these cards come in

1 Parallel port, 2 serial ports,

1 Parallel prot, 4 serial port

2 Parallel ports,

1 Parallel port

you could get any of these and they will work.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Here is the link to where I purchased the parallel printer port for the computer I purchased 2 years ago http://www.newegg.com/product/product.a ... 6815166005

I plugged it into a PCI slot and it worked like a champ the first time. This is a much better solution than getting a USB printer because I do not have to use the APRINT program to send the print stream to the USB port and I do not have to worry about printer drivers.

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 am

Ok, I have swopped the parallel printer out for a USB one. But for this to work what is the best method for makinf the system running perfectly?
What should dhpos be set to so that it pronts to the usb printer?
Do I need to start Aprint5 everytime I start the pc?
Can I start Aprint5 by placing it in the startup items?

Thanks for the help

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 am

Dalem44,

You need to start aprint every time the pc starts and you need to DHPOS to print to file and you should have no problems

you need put a shortcut to it in your startup.

Aprint has to run form pos folder ( the folder that you run pos.exe from)
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 am

Hi,
I have the printer working nicely, except my receipts have a lot of rubbish surrounding them. It has P0.... at the top left corner and then has square blocks at the end of each line. How can I correct this as it is pushing my header out of line?
Secondly how can I make the receipt display my currency next to the total and the items?
Lastly, has anyone got USB printers to kick the cash drawer out? I cannot get this to work.
My printer is the Epson Tm-T88IVU

Thanks in advance

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am

To get rid of the squares at the end of each line go to the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and set "Forced line feed." to "NO"

The top left corner of the receipt is where the "Open cash drawer" code will print if you entered it incorrectly. For example if you enter a code of 65,66,67,68,69,70 then it will print ABCDEF at the corner of the receipt instead of opening the cash drawer. The correct code for your printer to open the drawer is 27,112,48,55,121. What do you have entered there now?

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:26 am

Ok the squares are gone but it still wont open the cash drawer, I have the correct numbers in the cash drawer open area but nothing happens, there isn't even the slightest hint of anything happening.

What else can I try?

Regards
Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

Do you have any idea why we are working on this problem on two different threads at the same time?

No more posts on this thread, only use the other one.

Dale