Creating an item from multiple items ( a build)

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

joe@sportsmanspub.com
Creating an item from multiple items ( a build)

Post by joe@sportsmanspub.com » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:17 am

In a restaurant, buns are used in may items.

I would be so cool to assign a number to the bun, and a number for burger patty, chicken breast etc.

Then when I entered #500, Chicken Sandwich & Fries, my stock table, INV, etc would update my usage of bun, breats, fries, etc.

I know this is very specialized, but maybe other industries could use it too.

Thoughts?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:08 am

An involved feature request.

Just add the items manually. e.g. buns, mayo, meat as individual items in the stocktable.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:53 am

Well, as complicated as it would be, I like it :)
I've been thinking about the best way to achieve something similar for a Pizza shop in town here, and what I've come up with is a TSR that pops up and lets you "build" something, then rings each item into POS. If I ever getting working for the pizza place, I'll post the program here.

Jonathan Simpson

Nick
Forum Regular

I might be able to make something

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:56 pm

I might play around with some VB.net and see if i can come up with a program that can look at the stock table and compare it to the privious days and come up with sales by stock# then you could set somthing up to tell it what is in all the diffrient #s and it can figure out what was used.
Dont get your hopes up because im not great with .net yet.

-Nick