Feature request: Indicate credit/ debit card sale

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

oeb
Forum Regular
Feature request: Indicate credit/ debit card sale

Post by oeb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:51 pm

I am able to control my credit card terminal from the computer. What I'd really like is of course to automatically send the amount directly from POS as a credit/ debit card sale is being rung up. This could simply be a disk file like the pole.dat file containing the total amount (I was hoping that pole.dat actually indicated the type of payment so I could just use that, but it turns out it doesn't). I would then monitor this file for changes from my own program and pass the amount on to the credit card terminal. Alternatively, I was thinking of monitoring the journal file or the temporary print file (but then I'd have to print an invoice for every credit card purchase). Anyway, it would be a lot simpler with a file containing only the amount to pay (and possible payout amount for debit cards).