POS version 7.04g released 9-22-10.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
POS version 7.04g released 9-22-10.

Post by daleadmin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm

In the last several versions the "Pause between printing receipts" function did not work. Reported by Aiko. Fixed in version 7.04g

Download from http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: POS version 7.04g released 9-22-10.

Post by daleadmin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Here is something else I just fixed.

If you tried to do a gift card payout, and gift card numbers were set to be generated at random, you would not be allowed to enter the number of the gift card to make the payout. Reported by Mitch. Fixed in version 7.04g.

This is still version 7.04g because, well, I just got lazy. You will receive this fix if you download 7.04g after 9-25-10.

Dale

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: I Shamelessly admit I have no life in finding this bug.

Post by brucef2112 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 am

Dale,
This Does Not seem to do any damage (the user must have a pre-existing condition and that's not your fault) but you may want to squash this one.
There is an opportunity for the user to make numbers appear at various places on the setup screen while accomplishing nothing but wasting time. I shamelessly admit there was a moment of entertainment value for me while doing this.

With a fresh install of 7.04g, start the posconfg for the first time.
Enter in a file name for the register and hit the TAB key to continue.
The next screen shows

Code: Select all

1. Configure this register.
             2. Run this register in minimal mode.

[At this point I can rationally explain my actions]
Before choosing option 1 or 2, I thought of a better name for my register. So I hit the Esc key thinking it would take me back one screen so I could revise my register's name. It Didn't. What it did was place a zero at the end of the Choice 2 line and then place the number 27 on the next line under it all the way to the left like this!

2. Run this register in minimal mode.  0

Cool!
[From this point I cannot rationally explain my actions other than I have no life]
I continued and found I can make the numbers 27, 59, and numbers 61 thru 68 appear on screen by pressing Esc, F1, F3 thru F10 respectively.

The fun continued for me when I found that I could get the number to appear at the very top of the screen instead of under Option Two.
If I hit the F2 key the calculator would pop up. I then hit the Esc key to make it go away. Then, for example, if I hit the F5 key the number 63 would appear at the very top of the screen like this!

0       63

2. Run this register in minimal mode.  0

Note: If you try this with version cerca 6.40 the F2 key doesn't pop the calculator, it just made the number 60 appear on screen.

After about ten minutes I found that I was able to stop myself from doing this and was then able to make a menu selection of 1 or 2 to continue the configuration. And it seems no harm was done..... to the program.....
[I'm OK... aren't I?]
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: POS version 7.04g released 9-22-10.

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Bruce,

Here at the NFL (The No Fun Labs) we have unfortunately decided to stomp on your fun of making strange numbers appear when you press random keys at that menu. Your fun was caused by a piece of code that tells me the ASCII code of keys being pressed. This is helpful to me when I am coding the program to look for particular key presses. The code was supposed to be removed when I finished this section of the program. I guess I forgot to do it. This "getting old" stuff really sucks.
Too bad that pressing random keys and having the program display the ASCII code is considered by a few (fortunately very few) twisted individuals to be extremely entertaining. (Is that sick or what?) So I have removed that code in the 7.04h version that is being released today.

Tough luck,
Dale
8)