Free Backoffice Software for DHPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

vxlancin
Forum Regular
Free Backoffice Software for DHPOS

Post by vxlancin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am

Hi,

Just to let you's know i have free backoffice software for download to use with DHPOS - some users are already using it, i thought some other people may make use of it :)

Download at: https://sites.google.com/site/brightstorepos/downloads

Any features requests/changes, just fire away!

Dukane
Forum Regular

Re: Free Backoffice Software for DHPOS

Post by Dukane » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 am

uh what does it do?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:49 am

Dukane,

When you click on the link it says, "Backoffice in DOS written by myself for DHPOS. To install - extract the files in the BACKOFFICE folder to your server POS directory. ** Stock Management Feature now working! ** ", which is totally lacking in information about what the program does.

Through an email I suggested to vxlancin that he post a detailed description of the program's functions. I assume that he is working on it and if you check back in a few days it will be here.

Dale

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:57 pm

a simple explanation is it opens and runs most of dales programs in one. Such as POS, POSCONFIG, REMOTE, INVENTOR, RECEIVE, PURCHASE and other backoffice related programs

vxlancin
Forum Regular

Post by vxlancin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Yep, what cpb14 said is basically what it does. You can access the stock table easily under Stock Management, and can run most of the programs for dhpos. It is lockable (you can put a password on to keep out unauthorised users). Give it a try if you have a minute.

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 am

the password can be retrevied by opening the file null.nul in a notepad or any other editor. and The stock table can be accessed by running stock1.exe without a password. You need to stop the program stock1.exe from being able to be run by itself. and the password function needs to encrypt the password and not be stored in a accessable file. It also caused an buffer over flow error when I ran the pos.exe from within the program.

vxlancin
Forum Regular

Post by vxlancin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:17 am

small,
To be honest, i don't think employees that wouldn't be authorised to use the backoffice would know what folder to look in, never mind what file amongst the amount of dhpos files with the backoffice files, and be able to open it with notepad to look at it...just to gain access to the backoffice? If it is a worry then i will encrypt it. What do you mean being able to be run by itself?

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Yikes looks like I am going to stay far away from this.