cash drawer opening

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ridarida
cash drawer opening

Post by ridarida » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:49 pm

Hello all, I have a fujitsu 9313 cash drawer and I have an epson TM-300PD printer. The printer has a rj11 and the drawer has a rj45. Does anyone have the pin out of the cash drawer so I can fabricate a cable to work? I can figure the pinout of the printer with a meter..

Thanks

sfrk001
Forum Regular

Post by sfrk001 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:28 pm

There is a program that lets you click a button to pop open a drawer. Did you try hooking the RJ-45 into your Computers' RJ-45 port?

rida

drawer kick out

Post by rida » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:13 pm

What software and where?

Does anyone really have the pinouts to the fujitsu 9313 cash drawer?

sfrk001
Forum Regular

Post by sfrk001 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:29 pm

this program was somewhere in the old POS forum with network54, try searching the archives, I dont know where it is. Then again, try hooking up the drawer into your computers RJ45 (Ethernet) port. Or buy some kind of Ethernet to USB converter (they do not exist I think :) )

Jonathan

Attaching the cash drawer to the RJ45 network port

Post by Jonathan » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:37 am

Hooking a cash drawer up to the network port will, at best, do nothing. At worst, it could blow the network card and possibly damage the cash drawer. Cash drawers are very simple devices... it probably has 4 wires going into it's cable, 2 for "kick", and 2 for "detect". The kick leads just need some power, usually 24VDC, and it will pop right open.

If your printer can provide this, you only need to find the pin that puts out the positive signal. The neg lead can go right to the printer casing, any metal part. The hard part is finding out which lead on the drawer is positive and which pin on the printer is positive, the rest is easy.

Jonathan Simpson

Alan
POS Guru

Hmm

Post by Alan » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:17 am

Sounds like the cash drawer off a Fujitsu Teampos or Atrium. We fix these old things at work, but alas I sealed up the test rig with hotmelt glue!

Usually a cash drawer uses 4x cables, 2x for 24V + & - , 2x for the open/closed sensor.

alan

ridarida

fujitsu9313

Post by ridarida » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:58 am

I have the pin out of the printer. I need to know counting from left to right, which pin is which so i can make my cable to fit both rj11 and rj45...

Thanks