Receipt Layout

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Carl Fox
Receipt Layout

Post by Carl Fox » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:50 am

Dale

Would it be possible to not only suppress/change receipt labels but also change the layout/inclusion of the data in some of the receipt fields?

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: Receipt Layout

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:31 pm

Carl Fox wrote:Dale

Would it be possible to not only suppress/change receipt labels but also change the layout/inclusion of the data in some of the receipt fields?
<HR>
Yes, Go To POSCONFG and select Reciept Language

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Carl Fox
Occasional Poster

Post by Carl Fox » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:01 pm

Chris

Thanks for the tip :)

but I have already used this option and would still like to tweak/change the layout of my receipt.

i.e. the allignment of certain field.

Not just erasing the inclusion of a label but maybe changing the inclusion of a data field altogether.

A prime example would be not to include (for example)

1 @ 10.99 ea. if only one item is sold.

or removing the 'Subtotal' field or 'Tax' field as this can be shown further on the receipt in summary.

Just a couple of suggestions to neaten the receipt.

Carl

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:31 pm

Carl Fox wrote:Chris

Thanks for the tip :)

but I have already used this option and would still like to tweak/change the layout of my receipt.

i.e. the allignment of certain field.

Not just erasing the inclusion of a label but maybe changing the inclusion of a data field altogether.

A prime example would be not to include (for example)

1 @ 10.99 ea. if only one item is sold.

or removing the 'Subtotal' field or 'Tax' field as this can be shown further on the receipt in summary.

Just a couple of suggestions to neaten the receipt.

Carl
<HR>
I don't think this is currently possible.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:41 pm

This is not currently available in DHPOS, and I don't see how poor Dale would be able to add such a request in DOS.

As isn't graphical or use a mouse, how would the items be moved? By entering co-ordinates, this would be headache 1.

Headache 2 would be the sheer job of printing a receipt based on all the options selected and co-ordinates entered. What is a fairly simple task (printing to a printer) would become an involved process which would use a lot of coding time and space.

There are other options available for this to take place, but it is a large project. Basically the whole receipt has to be decompiled by whatever is going to re-arrange it. Then it has to put it all back together according to your design, not a small feat.

If there is a bug and the program fails to put things back together and crashes when it comes across something on a receipt it wasn't expecting, you're stuck with no receipts.

So, although receipt design is a lovely feature which would be great if available at some stage, I ask...why fix what ain't broke? :)
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)