customer name mixed with sales person name

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

jake69
Forum Regular
customer name mixed with sales person name

Post by jake69 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 am

Dear Dale,

Since my last update I find the following thing happen in my sales records: If my customer has a short name (<14 digits), I see part of the sales persons name in the sales record added to the customers name. See attached screenshot. Here the customers name is "MAG. BENEDICT", but the sales history shows "MAG. BENEDICTobus" - "obus" being the last part of my name Jakobus. Same happens with other sales persons. This is not a very important thing, thought just to report it and see if I am the only one who has this.

Also low importance: All my past sales records where I did not put a name into the system (small amounts) it shows my very first customer as the buyer. So if I reprint a receipt I have it on the name of my first customer (a year 2005 customer who fortunatly became a very good returning customer).

One thing I was thinking of reading the second part of my post: maybe I am getting strange little bugs because I did upgrade my POS so many times without resetting my data? I am running POS since 2005 and kept all sales records, customer files, stock file etc...

Best regards,
Attachments
pos screenshot.jpg
pos screenshot.jpg (95.21 KiB) Viewed 6759 times

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: customer name mixed with sales person name

Post by daleadmin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

jake69,

This is just a display error, the information is not really screwed up. But I have found the cause and it will not be in the next upload.

Or you can just download this http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe

Dale

jake69
Forum Regular

Re: customer name mixed with sales person name

Post by jake69 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 am

merci,