Login

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dylan
Forum Regular
Login

Post by Dylan » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:58 pm

I am in reference to an older post( http://www.home-nets.biz/discuss/phpBB2 ... .php?t=100 )

in it is discussed the different cashier options of another POS program.

what i do like is the option to update reciepts in live time, meaning (in DHPOS) we would be able to use the Global system as a back-office system, and run config files from it, such as reciept headers/footers, so that things like this could be updated without closing or stalling any registers.
Is this possible, furthermore is it DOable?

Thanks,
JDR
aka
Dil

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

POSCONFG.EXE

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:08 pm

Dil,

You can use the POSCONFG.EXE program to change any settings at any time although messing around with the stock table while registers are actually ringing up sales could be a bad idea. Also most things are read from the .POS file created by POSCONFG.EXE when the register starts up so changing them would not have an effect on a register until the register was restarted.
Dale

Dylan
Forum Regular

but...

Post by Dylan » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:01 pm

but is there any way to either add an option to the main menu or make it happen each new sale, have the register refresh the .pos file , like so you can update a reciept or coupon for 1 hr sales and stuff so that each new sale or whatever will have the new info
Tech

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Nope

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:02 pm

Dylan,

Nope
Dale

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular

Post by anabus_maximus » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:42 pm

Remember, Dale programs in QBASIC. There are big limitations to what he can do
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

Jonathan S.

Post by Jonathan S. » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:36 pm

Your right. The biggest of these limitations is "time". There is very little that can't be done (eventually) in qbasic. It's a matter of how much time and effort you are willing or able to put into it. However, Dale is only one person, and as such only has so much time to put into the POS project. Personally, I think he does a wonderful job sorting through all the debris and putting in what is really needed, even though there are things I would like to see put in that are not and probably never will be. The point is, the stuff that really needs to be there is... and the rest of the stuff that's truly useful to those who need POS will come, in time. I also think that most of you would agree that POS is probably the best deal on the internet :)

Jonathan Simpson

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:31 pm

Jonathan

I would agree to what yous say I hope this pos software does not die when the limites are reached
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support