HELP..what file to copy..

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

zotek21
HELP..what file to copy..

Post by zotek21 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:13 pm

please help..i was trying to make global FOlder..(share) but what do i need to copy from local folder?? should i jus copy all data??..but the thing is i dont wana mixup the progams and database..please help.. and also theres an option on the network setting in posconfig...for local (clients) computer.do i chose LOCAL or GLOBAL?? and on the server side what do i chose GLOBAL OR LOCAL??

thank you

cpb14
Forum Regular

Re: HELP..what file to copy..

Post by cpb14 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:57 pm

There is no need to copy files
The Global is the one You Place on your Server
Local is all the other Folders
The Program will automatically sync all the global info to the local Ex. The Stock Table and Headers are global Printer setup is Local

If there is an L Next to it when setting it up its LOCAL Only So you manually have to set it in Each Register

Hope This Helps if doesnt email the Dale also the manual was really helpful for me.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: HELP..what file to copy..

Post by peewee3ie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 am

Hi,

If you are setting up the Global folder for the first time, then you will have to copy every thing from the local folder to the global folder.

You will have to tell the program it is in the global globle folder by running pos.exe and going into posconfig and then go to network. press enter once and then tab to set the it to global and do not enter anything into server path or register letter. Now with that done you can press esc all the way back and then press F1 to exit the posconfig and also exit pos.exe

You will also have to share the global folder in windows if you have not already done so. You will know if the folder is shared by the pic of a hand under the folder icon. If its not shared. just let me know what version of windows you are running the globle folder on and I will help you if you need help. If you know how to setup shared folders I would advices to share the folder as golbal. it will make it easyer for us to help you.

On the local other pc that will be running the pos you will have to go in to posconfig and then network and put in the path of the share which be some thing like this
\\pcname\globale\

pcname is the name of the pc that the global folder is on and globale.

put a letter in as well for each of the networked pc that you will be running the pos on.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support