POS version 7.04k released 2-11-11.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
POS version 7.04k released 2-11-11.

Post by daleadmin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:08 pm

This is getting ridiculous, another new version released - 7.04k.

Since it has only been a few days since version 7.04h and 7.04j was released let me post their new features again...
=============================================================
7.04h
NOTE: The download files no longer have an .EX extension because renaming the extension from .EX to .EXE has proved to be way beyond the capabilities of some users. However when you click on the icon to download the file if you choose [RUN] instead of [SAVE] you will put dozens of files all over your desktop and be really unhappy. For the 64 bit Windows users there is a download .ZIP file since the .EXE files will not extract under 64 bit.

BUG FIXES
There was a problem with the PURCHASE.EXE program when used over a network, it would loose the header information and you would have to retype them.
When you loaded a sale into the “5. Voids” feature and the sale had a discount it would be off by a few pennies.
Plus the usual this and that.

NEW FEATURES

REMOTE.EXE
There has been an enhancement to the REMOTE.EXE program. This program allows you to sit in an office and watch on the screen as sales are being rung up on networked computers. The screen has 6 windows so you can monitor 6 registers in real time.
The problem was if you had more than 6 registers. To change the registers you are monitoring you had to exit the program, restart it, then type in a new PATH.
Now you can store up to 15 PATHs and when you want to change the setup press [ESC] to assign a new path to one of the windows. You do not have to type it in or exit the program then restart..

REC2CSV.EXE
A bunch of folks are not satisfied with the reports that DHPOS provides nor with the data that can be generated from DHPOS to create their own reports.

The new REC2CSV.EXE program will allow you to use the data from past transactions (the stuff you see in the “5. VOIDS” feature which is stored in the .REC file) to write a comma delimited data file that could be loaded into any spreadsheet program.

Only those transactions that are still in the file (if you are saving a file) will be written. So if you are only storing 100 transactions then this program can only write the last 100 transactions to the .CSV file. ALL transactions will be written in the range you choose, including OPEN, CLOSE, and NO SALE. Most all information in each transaction will be written.

Why would you want to do this? Well loading it into a spreadsheet program is not really that useful. However it will give you access to the data if you wish to write your own software to handle the data for whatever nefarious purpose you have in mind. This will require that you can write software or know someone that can. Some labels will be included in the file to help you parse the information.

You can write all transactions currently in the file, or you can choose to write only part of the file using the following options…

1. You can write only from the last transaction rung up to a previous date.
2. You can write only from the last transaction rung up to a particular transaction number.
3. You can write only those transactions that occurred on a specific date.
4. You can write only a specific transaction.

Just remember that you cannot write transactions that are no longer in the file. If you are saving only 100 transactions, and the last transaction rung up was 5000, then transaction 4898 is not in the .REC file and cannot be written to the .CSV file.

Text data may not contain quote marks ("). Before being written to the .CSV file all quotes will be changed to an apostrophe. Text data may contain commas.

This program is [F4] compliant. This means that if you know how you can program the main POS program to launch this program from the main menu of the POS program by pressing [F4]. Then when this program is finished you will be returned to the main menu of the POS program.

YOU SAVED
In the “Discount” feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program is a new text box at the bottom of the screen. If you enter some text in this box the receipts will have a “You saved” line but using the text you typed in. This line will appear just below the list of items you sold and will post the total of all reductions (not discounts) in the sale. Like this…

Code: Select all

STOCK NUMBER  DESCRIPTION        PRICE
       60004  COLOR KEY ONE SIDED          
T2   1    at      2.99ea          2.99
       60008  BRASS KEY ONE SIDED          
T1   2    at      2.59ea          5.18
      -88888  ALL ABOVE REDUCED 10%
T0   1    at     -.82ea          -0.82
--------------------------------------
     3            YOU SAVED      -0.82
--------------------------------------
            SUB TOTAL             7.35
Also note that the count of all items sold has been moved to this line.
=============================================================
Now for the new features in 7.04j.

Alternate prices
If on the setup screen for the stock table you set “Use SALE PRICE as ALTERNATE PRICE” to “YES” then you can use the sale price as a second price for each item. Now when you are ringing up a sale, at the center left of the screen will be a color strip that will either say “[F4] REGULAR PRICES” or “[F4] ALTERNATE PRICES”, press [F4] to toggle between the two. When the strip says REGULAR then the program will charge the regular price. When the strip says ALTERNATE you will charge the sale (alternate) price. This allows you to have one set of prices for regular customers and special prices for other customers.
You can press [F4] as many times as you wish during a sale so that you can decide to charge the regular or sale price for individual items in the same sale. The [F4] setting will stick until you press it again so make sure at the beginning of the next sale that it is set to what you want.
For both sale prices or alternate prices if the price is 0.00 then the regular price will be charged. This means that if the regular price and the sale / alternate price are the same you can leave the sale / alternate price set to 0.00.

Zero quantities in inventory reports.
Now when you make an inventory report you can choose to have it include those items that have an inventory of zero. Items that are not inventoried will not be included however.
=========================================================
And now, 7.04k. Of course 7.04k includes the new features from 7.04h and 7.04j

You can now use the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program to have 40 character wide receipts print the merchandise lines without printing the stock numbers or the "TX?" thing. Also if the quantity is 1 and the price is zero then the second line will not print at all.

Below is a sample receipt

---------------------------------------
0005   0                          18:14
DESCRIPTION         ea.           PRICE
12" 1 TOPPING PIZZA
       1    at     6.99ea.         6.99
   PEPPERONI FREE
   SAUSAGE FREE
   BELL PEPPER FREE
   BLACK OLIVES
       1    at     0.50ea.         0.50
CHEESEBURGER
       2    at     2.50ea.         5.00
                  TOTAL           12.49
          CASH TENDERED           12.49
             CHANGE DUE            0.00
               02-10-2011

Also the "Print a sample receipt" in "Printer setup" has been improved.
=============================================

Download from http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm after making backups.

Dale

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: Different pizza receipt results than expected

Post by brucef2112 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Dale the new features are a very cool addition to the POS.
I tested it and I get different results than the example you showed.
Here is how my pizza is coming out.

TRAN     ASSOCIATE                 TIME
0012                              21:42
0-12-----------------------------------
12" 1 TOPPING PIZZA      1         6.99
   PEPPERONI FREE        1
   SAUSAGE FREE          1
   BELL PEPPER FREE      1
   BLACK OLIVES          1         0.50
CHEESEBURGER            
       2    at     2.50ea.         5.00
              SUB TOTAL           12.49
     TAX1  at  6.000%            0.75
              TOTAL TAX            0.75
                  TOTAL           13.24
          CASH TENDERED           13.24

02-12-2011
Notice how my 12in pizza is not listed on two lines like yours. As in 1 @ 6.99
Also notice that after each free item, it shows a number 1 as the item count

On the 12in pizza if I change the quantity to more than 1, then it displays on the two line like your example.
The same thing happens with my hamburger. If two are purchased they show as two lines as shown above. If one burger is purchased then it shows on a single line like the single pizza shown below.

Here is a sample with 1 pizza and 1 burger:

TRAN     ASSOCIATE                 TIME
0016                              21:48
0-16-----------------------------------
12" 1 TOPPING PIZZA      1         6.99
   PEPPERONI FREE        1
   SAUSAGE FREE          1
   BELL PEPPER FREE      1
BLACK OLIVES             1         0.50
CHEESEBURGER             1         2.50
              SUB TOTAL            9.99
     TAX1  at  6.000%            0.60
              TOTAL TAX            0.60
                  TOTAL           10.59
          CASH TENDERED           10.59

02-12-2011
Also the black olives work the same way.
A quantity of 1 black olive; lists on one line with the number 1
A quantity of 2 or more black olive; lists on two lines with the X @ .50
What did I do different?

2ND
On your post you reference that 'quantity is 1 and price is zero then the second line will not print at all.'
However on the Print Setup screen in the POS it is phrased as;
'Lines that have 1 item but 0.00 cost will not print.'
This could be construed to be referencing the COST column in the stock table and not the R PRICE column. I suggest that the word PRICE be used as you did in your post above or use the column name of R PRICE.

OR is it just me and I don't understand how this new fangled stuff all works. :?:
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: POS version 7.04k released 2-11-11.

Post by daleadmin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Bruce,

I made a change from the version yesterday but did not change the version number. This is the way it works now.

Dale

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks for the update Dale. I thought I was going to have to find a 5th grader to show me how this new receipt printing works. As it turned out I just got caught in between the latest version and the *really* the latest version! And this IS how its suppose to work.

Thanks as always!
Your program just keeps getting better,
Bruce
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am

Here are the new rules

1 item sold, price or no price = one line

BRASS KEY      1      2.99
FREE KEY       1
1 to 9 items sold (no decimals) and no price = one line

FREE KEY       5
Everything else = two lines

BRASS KEY
      2    at    2.99ea.    5.98

COMPLIMENTARY KEY RING
     11    at    0.00ea.    0.00

FUDGE
      1.250 at   0.00ea.    0.00
It's the details that drive you nuts.

Dale

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 am

Dale,

I don't know if i am missing something, but I can not get coupons to print on receipt. I have it set to 1 for always print.
when i am in the coupon admin and press F4 for sample, it prints coupon.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 am

Small,

I just tried it and it printed a coupon for me. Can you email your ??????.POS file to me at daleharris@prodigy.net

BTW, I finished upgrading the customer thing last night but you did not come to chat. Try this http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe it is version 7.04k2

Dale

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Dale,

The new pos wants to run convert, so i ran convert and restarted pos.exe and it runs convert everytime and won't run pos.exe, but i have to registers and it runs on the other file, but when I enter the customer info and hit tab it shuts pos.exe down.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 pm

small,

Sorry, I uploaded that file from the wrong folder. Try this one http://keyhut.com/pos.exe

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Dale,

When I park a sale and then recall it it prints about 10 blank lines before it prints total, and it also reprints the header on same receipt at the bottom of it.

I know why it is reprinting the second header i think. the blank lines is causing it to print 2 pages and is printing header for second page, i am on a page printer right now. It still is not printing my coupon. I am sending you my .pos file

I don't know if I will in chat tonight, I am leaving town and don't know when i will return tonight.