Customer search for pizza pos

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

small
Forum Regular
Customer search for pizza pos

Post by small » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Dale,
Is there any way to search customer by phone number and not have to press 3 or 4 buttons for the search.

when you type in phone number it search for customer if matched just use that data, if no match then enter customer info.
phone number should be unique and not have to be verified that that is the customer.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Customer search for pizza pos

Post by daleadmin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Small,

Nope. However I can make it a little easier. You can type in only the last 4 digits of the phone number then press [F3] even though you will be typing in the number in the "wrong" place. Here is an example, if the phone mask is (###) ###-#### ex.##### and you type this...

Code: Select all

(229) 0  -   ex.
then press [F3] the program will find this...

Code: Select all

(773) 763-2290 ex. 2448
because 2290 is part of the phone number that is actually stored as 77376322902448

However I will think about doing what you want.

Are you coming to chat tonight, you know I will be there.

Dale