Credit/debit terminal

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

jm18
Occasional Poster
Credit/debit terminal

Post by jm18 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 am

Hi, is there a way to send the total amount of my credit/debit transactions to my card terminal? Thanks

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Credit/debit terminal

Post by daleadmin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 am

Jm18,

No there is not.

Sorry,
Dale

jm18
Occasional Poster

Post by jm18 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks for the fast response Dale. Also the great software you have developed. I was wondering if it would be possible to have this feature in the future, it would be a awsome addition to your program.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 am

jm18,

The problem with interfacing with a credit terminal is that the only way to test it is actual have one here. And of course all the different terminals work differently. So it is unlikely.

Sorry,
Dale

oeb
Forum Regular

Post by oeb » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:03 am

For me it would help a lot to just have POS drop a file indicating total purchase amount and cash withdrawal amount (for debit cards) similar to how the APRINT and PERTPOLE programs work - then I could handle the integration with the credit card terminal software myself (as mentioned in another post here).