Is the guy who registered as nakiboy in the QBN forums here?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

oracle
Is the guy who registered as nakiboy in the QBN forums here?

Post by oracle » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:57 pm

I was searching through the QBnews forums the other day, and I found a reply I'd missed, from a guy called nakiboy. Is he at this forum? He's a NZer.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:09 pm

That's me.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

oracle

Post by oracle » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:06 pm

You were right - I work for Foodstuffs, but in a New World :). The Posware we've got is not very good - it's a beta release, and crashes sometimes if you do something wrong. Then the crappy 200mHz computers (running DOS) take 10 minutes to boot up, load all the logos and pricelists etc. It would be nice to have something graphical, but my work's a little stingy ;)

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:22 pm

Heh,

I think we run a Beta too, the version number ends in a B which would indicate to me a Beta version.

I used to work at New World and know one sure fire way to crash the register:

From a new transaction - ring on return for a product which is on coupon (I don't know if you have auto-coupon key cards in your area) and then subtotal and scan the coupon keycard. You will get an error that overtender is not allowed on tender Coupon :P And the system will be completely locked up.

I work at Pak'n Save and the tills do take a long time to boot up but we seem to have a high uptime rate. Lately however we are having EFTPOS troubles with some of the terminals returning an OFFLINE error at different stages of the day.

This has been happening for a week now and is not fun during the easter periods - we had techs in yesterday going along all 16 lanes trying to find the trouble but afaik no luck. :(
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)