How to: returning stuff to vendor

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Imhotep
Occasional Poster
How to: returning stuff to vendor

Post by Imhotep » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:33 am

Hi there!

I'm using this software for quite a while now (actually I'm using it for 4 months) and I find it amazing, But (as there is allways one) I do have some questions.
First off: I have returned some of my stock to the vendor (shelf life gone bad) and now, I do not know how to enter the "negative amount" into the recieving programme (it won't let me :evil: )
Second: I wrote about this one to Dale but I guess he is too bussy to deal with such minor thing so here goes: I'm using OKIPOS 90 series printer attached to my LPT port. Right to the other day everything was fine, then all-of-the-sudden the cutter went gugu and started cutting twice (like it cuts at the end of the receipt and then paper feeds for about 1/2 inch and cuts again. I've tried everything in my knowledge to no avail.

So, does any of you, guys, have any idea regarding my Q's?
Regards and best wishes!

Ales, Slovenia

cpb14
Forum Regular

Re: How to: returning stuff to vendor

Post by cpb14 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:24 pm

to enter a negative amount in any of the programs you hit delete than the - and you are now entering in a negative value

Imhotep
Occasional Poster

Post by Imhotep » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 am

Oh, I see! Thanks! What about my printer problem? I've reinstalled the driver - nothing, I've even tried without one - again nothing. I haven't got the slightest clue, what's going on here...
Regards and best wishes!

Ales, Slovenia

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Imhotep,

Make a backup of your current POS.EXE file and download this into your POS folder. This file only is version 7.04m3.

http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe

See if it helps with the cutter problem.

Dale

Imhotep
Occasional Poster

Post by Imhotep » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:12 am

Thank you, sir! It's working like a charm!
Regards and best wishes!

Ales, Slovenia

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: Cash Drawer double pop fixed with 7.04m3

Post by brucef2112 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Hey Dale,
Just wanted to let you know that pos704m3 also fixed a long standing problem related to the cash drawer being poped open twice on startup.

On a system configured to Ask Before Printing Open Receipt, if you started the POS and selected to Not Print Opening Receipt the drawer would open and then about 30 seconds later it would pop the drawer again.
See AussieAussie's original post; http://www.dhpos.com/discuss/phpbb3/vie ... ipt#p10049

Over the years I had this same problem with 5 different registers all using diffent computers/hardware, and each using a Star SP300 parallel receipt printer with no print drivers. All without a solution. Who ever opened would have to wait 30 seconds to close the drawer the second time. Nothing more scarry than starting the register and come back later and finding the drawer is open!

What ever is in pos.exe 7.04m3, it stops the double opening of the drawer when choosing 'Do Not Print Opening Receipt'.
Hope it stays this way!

Thanks,
Bruce
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759