USB CASH DRAWER

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

GMT
USB CASH DRAWER

Post by GMT » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 am

Has anyone sucessfully used cash drawer with USB adaptor?
Anyone using system without receipt printer?
I have no need for receipt printer, but would like POS controlled drawer, if possible.
Any info available would be appreciated - before I part with cash!
    GMT,
    Ireland
    PS. Congratulations, Dale, on a very robust product, which seems extremely configureable and best of all, reliable.

daleadmin
    Forum Owner

Re: USB CASH DRAWER

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:07 pm

GMT,

We have had luck with attaching cash drawers directly to serial ports on a computer but nothing on USB ports. Our team member in charge of miracles (aka Jon) has so far never gotten his hands on a USB cash drawer which would be required to perform his magic. If you are using this on a desk top computer and do not have a serial port you can get a PCI card with the port. If you are using a laptop then you are screwed until Jon gets a USB crawer also.

Another option is that Jon writes a test program for you to try out. This would require that you already have a USB cash drawer, I would not suggest that you get one in the hopes that we can get it to work. If you have it did it come with a Windows driver disk that you had to install?

Dale

GMT

Post by GMT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks for prompt reply.
    1. Dont currently have drawer - considering buying drawer only, no printer.
    2. May have to consider resurecting an old PC from attic, that has suitable ports.
    3. Should I decide to buy a USB triggered drawer, I'll be in touch....
    Regards,
    GMT,

daleadmin
    Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Well then I guess that we are looking for someone that does now have a USB cash drawer and is willing to run some test files for Jon.

Any volunteers?

Dale

RJ
    Forum Regular

Post by RJ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 pm

i don't have a cash drawer but can modify the OPOS program i wrote to interface with cash drawers if someone wants to test that as well.

it would use the opos drivers for a variety of models.
    R.J.
    Website coming soon...