Suggestions for DHPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular
Re: Customer Buying History

Post by anabus_maximus » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:00 pm

edseah wrote:Currently, we can only pull out the last purchase but we don't know what did the customer buy the last few transaction.

I have customer coming in and say my kids love the stuff i bought the last time, do you still have that? and they kinda think that if you have customer database on the PC, you must be able to retrieve the records.

So would this be a good suggestion to add to the POS?

Rgds
Edmud
You could pull sales records
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:32 am

DHPOS just stores the transaction details such as date/time amount against a customer record.

Of course, what you suggested is only useful if you applied the customer details against the sale in which they bought something they wish to buy again.

The reason the whole sale isn't stored with the details is the sheer size of the files it would require. However I wonder if Dale could someone link the transaction date/time and amount with the transaction number, which could be looked up (if it was still in the history file), but this wouldn't work if you were storing 100 sales in the history at a time, and 100 sales had been rung up since the original.

All in all, sounds messy and due to privacy laws in some countries - perhaps illegal to track the purchases (in detail) of customers without their permission.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular

Post by anabus_maximus » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:20 pm

point
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

Dylan
Forum Regular

jon... Stock keys

Post by Dylan » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:13 pm

Jonathan, would it be easy (or possible) for
you to implement a key system for stock?
By this i mean, hit like F2 for update
F3 for next, etc...
But only for the really common buttons
(update, next, previous, etc...)
because its hard to get in the habit of
gettin the mouse and clicking Update
before "next" each time. Keys would
be easier and quicker.
Thanx man,
JDR
aka
Dil
aka
JD

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:38 pm

Well, you can already do ALT-N for next, ALT-P for previous, ALT-U for update, and so on, so it' really unneccesary I think. If you really want, I'll work on it anyway, but stock needs a LOT of work if it's going to be usable with POS 6. That has to come first.

Jonathan Simpson

Dylan1

OH

Post by Dylan1 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:36 pm

Oh, okay.
sry, i didnt know bout those.

Thanx n e way (i'll use the Alt-X keys)
Later,
JDR