Sale items by count

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

RadioKJ
Sale items by count

Post by RadioKJ » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 am

Hello. So far Cash Register does everything I need except for one feature. Or at least I can't find it.

What I want to do is sell items (per item or per category) at a specific price based on their count.
For example:
Buy 1 at $XX
Buy 3 at $YY/ea
Buy 5 at $ZZ/ea...

For the time being I'm content with changing the price on the fly, but in the future it would be nice to do this.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Sale items by count

Post by daleadmin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm

RadioKJ,

The program does not do that and it would be really hard to impliment.

It would mean that I would have to add 2 columns (one for the # sold to kick in the next price and another for the next price) for each level you want to use. This would mean almost completely rewriting the STOCKS.EXE program file to allow someone to input this information. And since the stock table is accessed by all the other program files I would have to rewrite significant parts of those files also.

It would take gazillions of replies here asking for this feature before I could consider spending months to add it to the program.

Sorry,
Dale

RadioKJ

Re: Sale items by count

Post by RadioKJ » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Sounds like fun. I kinda figured it wouldn't be easy, given I've only seen one program that actually does that (and I can't afford the $900 price tag right now).

Just thought I'd ask.