Formatting/printing issues

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

evanjames
Formatting/printing issues

Post by evanjames » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 pm

I have a Gateway Profile 6 running XP, a USB Epson TM-T88iii, and an M-S HP-122 cash drawer that I am trying to set up as a cash register for my business. Everything was coming along well with the set-up, except that my receipts were printing out a bit skewed at the bottom and the right hand side seemed to be getting cut off. Some of the lines also have been printing with little square boxes, one on either side of the "Thank you!" and situated to the far right of the receipt and one immediately to the right of the date. I tried to change the font size and adjust the head and foot options but nothing really seemed to make it print out any better. Then when I tried to print out sales receipt, as if I was ringing an actual sale, the boxes appeared next to each line of the receipt head and none of the prices showed up on the receipt. Also, the Thank you went all the way off the right side of the page. Now all of the sudden nothing seems to work and whenever I try to open the drawer or print a receipt, it's automatically trying to save the print job as Microsoft Document Imaging Format file in My Documents, the drawer won't open, and receipts won't print. Anyone out there have any clue as to what might be going wrong?

Thank you,

Evan

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Formatting/printing issues

Post by daleadmin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Evan,

Go to the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and set "NO" to the forced linefeed parameter. This will get rid of the little boxes.

Your printing parameters should look like this...

Code: Select all

YES  Print receipts on a printer.
CONT  Print on a page printer or print continuously.
   6  Number of blank lines between receipts. (Continuous) 0 - 20
   0  Number of top margin lines. (Page) 0 - 5
  60  Number of printed lines per page. (Page) 50 - 70
   0  Number of bottom margin lines. (Page) 0 - 5
  NO  Use form feed at end of page. (Page)
  40  Print 40 or 80 characters wide.
   1  Print 1 or 2 receipts per transactions.
  NO  Print an extra receipt for credit sales.
  NO  Save journal info to a text file to print later.
  NO  Ask before printing sales receipt.
  NO  Ask before printing opening receipt.
  NO  Allow printing of sales checks.
  NO  Forced line feed.
  NO  Pause before printing second receipt.
  NO  Print blank line between items.
  NO  Print additional alternate transaction numbers.
  4   Number of digits in receipt transaction numbers.
  NO  On 40 character wide receipts remove stock numbers and tax. 

PRINTER PORT = FILE:
also note that trying to get APRINT to work with an networked printer is not good idea. You printer must be a "local" printer.

Jon is working on a new version of APRINT that will work with a networked printer but that is not quite ready.

In your current APRINT program you might want to press [S] for "setup" and reselect the printer you are using. It may have been switched to something else.

Dale

evanjames

Re: Formatting/printing issues

Post by evanjames » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks a lot...this seems to have fixed the problem. I think part of the problem was that the APRINT text file was set up to access Printer 0, but the set up wouldn't let me put 0, only the number 1 or higher.