New APRINT6

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
New APRINT6

Post by daleadmin » Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Well here is something from Jon to play with. (New file, see below.)
When run, this will unzip into a APRINT6N.EXE, POSCONFG.EXE, and POS.EXE so make a backup folder to do this.

APRINT6N has a totally new, and better, interface. it will allow you not only to select the printer and font size but also choose from a selection of fixed width fonts. Of course it will drive both a receipt printer and a report printer, but either, or both of them can be networked printers. APRINT5 would not usually work with networked printers.

It will also replace the CDK program if you have a serial cash drawer and use serial cash drawer options #3 or #6. This means that you will never have to run both the APRINT program and the CDK program to run USB printers and serial cash drawers at the same time. In fact the CDK program is being retired.

Jon and I have tested this except for the serial cash drawer function because neither of us has a serial cash drawer. If you do give it a try and report back.

Dale

cpb14
Forum Regular

Re: New APRINT6

Post by cpb14 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm

ok if i print a receipt on my usb page printer it prints a blank page before the receipt (DOES not Happen for Reports)

if i select do not print receipt it prints a blank page anyway

this is on VISTA w/ an HP Printer

i will pop in Chat to Hopefully see Jon and Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue May 03, 2011 2:39 pm

CB,

Have you set a cutter code or an open cash drawer code in the POSCONFG.EXE program?

Dale

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Dale i am Testing Currently on my Office Computer so i do not have a Cash Drawer attached

CB

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue May 03, 2011 3:35 pm

CB,

I understand that there is no receipt printer attached. However the APRINT program may be trying to send the "open" or "cutter" codes to the USB printer if you have entered them into the POSCONFG.EXE program and that might be causing the blank page.

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Well it looks like Jon has come through for us again. http://www.dhpos.com/aprint6q.exe seems to have solved all the problems posted here.

So how about testing this and reporting back?

Dale

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:16 am

Ok I will test and reply back

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:15 am

I can't break it. What I could test, Works great!
(Unfortunately I have no resources to test serial cash drawer feature.)

I do have a feature to request that would give this program a coolness factor of 99.
I'd like to propose that APRINT be setup to run from inside the system tray with a snazzy 'AP" icon, instead of running on the taskbar,

As this is a 'helper app' keeping it in the system tray with other background processes makes a lot of sense. It thereby keeps the taskbar clear and isn't in the way of a user's ALT-TABing of running programs. A simple feature to click on the system tray icon to choose to display or hide the visual aprint output window and this would be a super cool utility.

As always, thanks to both Dale & Jon for your efforts!
Bruce
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:44 pm

i have found no errors yet all
oh i dont have a serial cash drawer so i cant help there with the cdk function

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Bruce

I just told Jon your idea he is thinking about adding that in the near future.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri May 06, 2011 6:31 pm

It is "crab at Jon" time which is way better (for me) than "crab at Dale" time.

I tested aprint6q.exe at work on my Win '98 machine. The results...

1. It is really sloooooow. You can see each line of the .DRY file load on the aprint window one - at - a - time.

2. On a multi-page document with line feeds only the first page used the selected font and size. After the first page the font was defaulted to Courier New at a size of 10.

Dale

andy1m
Forum Regular

Post by andy1m » Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 am

I'm a newbie here and have been testing this program for weeks.

Now I'm testing the printing part. No problem printing receipts with Epson's receipt printer running under win98. And I also found the opening code for the drawer. The only problem is not much options to format the receipt or at least print my logo with bigger size. ( looking for the graphics code now)

Now I want to ask what this APRINT6 does? Can I use it to make my receipt to nicer?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

Andy1m,

If you find the graphics code for your printer (if it has one) you can store your logo into the printer (if your printer can do that.) You can then enter graphics code into the "Header" feature of the POCSONFG.EXE program by pressing [F5]. BTW, if you have found the graphic code fore your printer I am collecting them, what is it?

You can also go to the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and set "On 40 character wide receipts remove stock numbers and tax." to "YES" to print a simplified receipt.

Read this about APRINT6 http://keyhut.com/postip4.htm

Dale