Employee Sale Data

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

edseah
Employee Sale Data

Post by edseah » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:40 pm

Hi guys, this pos is getting better by the day.

My sister's shop is going to start paying the staff with basic pay and commission. As the POS is already showing the employee sale by end of the day, I was hoping to write something to extract the sale of the employee over a month period.

The reason why I need to do that was because some items are not commission base but rather a service by another department.

The question is what is a good way to extract the sale done with each employer and which files would be it!

Thank you
Edmund

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Employee Sale Data

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:42 pm

edseah,

I am not sure what you mean by "a service by another department?"

Is all the stuff for each different department entered into the stock table using different categories or vendors for each department? If so you can use the "Reports" feature to print a merchandise report for each employee sorted by either category or vendor. You will then find out how much stuff Amy sold for vendor #1 and how much for vendor#2 and so on. Then print out the report for Doug, then Harold, then Ramone, etc.

At the close of the register it will ask you if you wish to reset the merchandise data. If you only reset the data once a month then just before you reset it, you will be able to print a sales report for that past month. Just make REAL SURE that you have printed out the final report for that month before you reset the merchandise data for the next month.
Dale

edseah

That's easy

Post by edseah » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:23 am

Hi Dale, thanks for that reply. I think its done!

Rgds
Edmund