DosBox + Notes Feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

small
Forum Regular
DosBox + Notes Feature

Post by small » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 pm

I have discovered that if you are using Dos-Box that you are unable to use the Notes Feature, This is due to the CTRL+F12 key combination is a built-in function for Dos-Box. I do not know about other features or setting that maybe affected yet. The key combos used by Dos-Box so far that I know of are:

ALT+ENTER
ALT+PAUSE
CTRL+F4
CTRL+ALT+F5
CTRL+F5
CTRL+F6
CTRL+F9
CTRL+F10
CTRL+F11
CTRL+F12

By removing the mapping for each of the built-in functions that effect the operation of DHPOS, the key combinations become available to DHPOS running inside Dos-Box.

When you start the keymapper, all the custom Dos-Box functions are in the area at the bottom right. "ShutDown", "Cap Mouse", etc. With the exception of "Fullscreen" and "Pause", they all use the F-keys. You can tell when clicking on one of them, because at the lower end of the screen, the binding comes up, like "BIND:Key f9" with "mod1" enabled (by default, mod1 = ctrl, mod2 = alt, mod3 = undefined).

Note that if you remove the key combo for the mapper, you won't be able to restart the mapper again unless you start Dos-Box with the -startmapper argument on the command line. If there's no keys bound to the other functions, they too will of course be unavailable. This should not be a problem, the CPU usage settings can be set directly in the Dos-Box conf file.

I don't know how to make it use the notes feature. I tried and I can disable the CTRL key using the keymapper, but don't know how or if it can be changed to use with dhpos. If anyone knows how please post. I have messed with these mapper keys and can not figure it out.

small
Forum Regular

Re: DosBox + Notes Feature

Post by small » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Still No Closure on the notes feature for dosbox.

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Still no fix for dos-box notes feature.

it has now been discovered 7 months ago today. not important for windows, but will still need fixed for Linux.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:16 pm

small wrote:Still no fix for dos-box notes feature.

it has now been discovered 7 months ago today. not important for windows, but will still need fixed for Linux.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Needed for Windows 8 64-bit
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 pm

I requested and informed DaleH about this over 2 1/2 years ago, but still no fix for it.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:08 pm

I got this working with the key mapper feature.