Printer and scanner help

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Kerrilynn
Printer and scanner help

Post by Kerrilynn » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:30 pm

I hope someone can help me here. I am using the software with Windows 2000 professional and I can't get the printer to work. It keeps telling me that the printer is out of paper, but it isn't and I can print a test page directly from the printer. The printer is an Epson TM-H5000II.

When I scan a barcode, the menu in Windows pops up as if I right clicked on the desktop. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Kerri

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:19 am

Does the "out of paper" message come from POS or from Windows?

You may need to set your Printer Ready Status code from "Program Printer" in the POSCONFG program.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Alan
POS Guru

Or

Post by Alan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:06 am

The Epson TM-H5000 is a Hybrid printer, it has a T88II thermal printer, and a U295 slip printer. The slip printer will always state that it is out of paper, until a slip is inserted - I wonder if this is what is causing your error?

Is this a serial or parallel unit? Parallel has two clips on either side of the printer connector underneath.

Alan

Kerrilynn

Post by Kerrilynn » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:57 pm

The out of paper error is coming from Windows.

It is the serial version of the printer. I know the software works best with parallel, but my business partner got the hardware before I got the software and I would really like all of this to work together if possible.

Thanks,

Kerri

Kerrilynn

Post by Kerrilynn » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:47 pm

Ok, did a little more research into POS and installed Win98. I am still getting the out of paper error from Windows.

Also, someone asked if the printer was serial or parallel. It uses a parallel cable, but on the test page the printer prints, it says serial interface and gives all of the settings for it.

Kerri