Printing blank lines on networked receipt printer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

tulip
Occasional Poster
Printing blank lines on networked receipt printer

Post by tulip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Hello,
I'm hoping there might be a fresh pair of eyes who might be able to spot what I'm missing.

I have a networked 7.1C DhPOS setup.

Register A has a 40 wide parallel Star Sp200 receipt printer attached & working well. It's running XP, and the printer has the generic/text only driver installed. I have shared this printer on our network.

Register B is running APrint6 & Win7. It can access the shared receipt printer. I have configured Aprint6 to print to the shared receipt printer. I have copied the exact POS printer settings from Register A. Both are set to CONT.

Register B prints a number of blank lines after each receipt (a dozen or so?), Register A does not. Aprint6 does not display these blank lines when a receipt is printed. I would like it not to print these blank lines :)

I've assumed then that it is an issue with driver settings on one of the register computers, but with much tinkering I still have not been able to nail it down. It looks like it is generating the extra lines to put the next receipt onto a new A4 page. Changing page sizes within the printer properties on the Register A & B PCs does not stop the blank lines though.

I'd be grateful to hear any of your ideas.
Regards

small
Forum Regular

Re: Printing blank lines on networked receipt printer

Post by small » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:10 pm

That is Normal. Same thing for me when you are using a parellel printer over network using Aprint.

I been meaning to ask Jon about it. I think it has something to do with the generic print driver.

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:05 am

small wrote:That is Normal. Same thing for me when you are using a parellel printer over network using Aprint.

I been meaning to ask Jon about it. I think it has something to do with the generic print driver.
dale wrote:The genaric printer driver always seems to have problums
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca

tulip
Occasional Poster

Post by tulip » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 am

Just a follow up, the issue was with the generic driver, thank you. By using the correct Star driver I was able to specify that the receipt printer was using a continuous roll, and it no longer felt the need to add the additional lines to get it onto the next 'page'. Odd that it didn't do this on the local machine, but only the networked machine, but it works now. Thanks again!