I got into Voids without an employee PIN?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Andrew
Site Administrator
I got into Voids without an employee PIN?

Post by Andrew » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:04 pm

Hey Dale

While verifying a bug posted earlier, I went into voids by mistake - I was not asked for an employee PIN? Every other menu option asks me for a PIN except Voids.

I tried again and it still let me in - bug?
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Bobby
Forum Regular

Voids Password

Post by Bobby » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:37 am

I do notice that the voids function does not require an employee login, but I do have my voids option in posconfig to require a password, so you can password protect this item. I am not sure if Dale set it up this way, or if it is an "undocumented feature." I do see where it would be important to at least have the function require the employee login, though.

-Bobby

Bobby
Forum Regular

Associate Function also

Post by Bobby » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:41 am

I noticed, also, that the associate function (9) also does not require an employee login. That is important due to the fact that anyone can access that and create their own login in to get to the options to open the cash drawer!

Barry_

voids

Post by Barry_ » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:09 pm

hi guys (it's barry)

i have been using the 'not return to menu' function for a weeks, now and using the voids screen gets myself and my staff confused making a new sale after.

they assume they are still ringing up a void, and try and get a refund but they cannot. when they go back to ring up normal sale, they think a void will come next and try and they put get a negative sale to balance it out.

Is there any way the voids screen goes directly to a new voids screen or maybe to the main menu, as it is getting quite confusing for me and my staff.

Thankyou.

Barry.

Barry_

voids

Post by Barry_ » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:11 pm

hi guys (it's barry)

i have been using the 'not return to menu' function for a weeks, now and using the voids screen gets myself and my staff confused making a new sale after.

they assume they are still ringing up a void, and try and get a refund but they cannot. when they go back to ring up normal sale, they think a void will come next and try and they put get a negative sale to balance it out.

Is there any way the voids screen goes directly to a new voids screen or maybe to the main menu, as it is getting quite confusing for me and my staff.

Thankyou.

Barry.

Barry_

bARRY

Post by Barry_ » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:36 am

i guess this won't happen now, since no one has replyed to it.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:13 am

Barry,

If you are ringing up continuous voids - isn't that a bit odd?

:o

barry_

ringing up.

Post by barry_ » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:47 am

hi andrew,

i'm not saying that i am ringing up continous voids, what i am trying to say is that the staff are getting confused when they make a void they go to a new sale.

when my staff make a void, they get confused thinking i didn't want a new sale. i wanted to go to the menu!

when they go to the void and it goes to the new sale, they think oops i pressed the wrong button. maybe voids mean '1' and sale means '2'.

next time they do a void, they press 1 thinking it'll go to a void, but it goes to a new sale. and when they want to do a sale, it comes up as a void but they are puzzled that the void screen then returns back to a purchase screen.

i'm getting confused using this, my staff are confused on this as well.

i've tried explaining it to them and they don't quite know what happens after a new void or a new sale.

they have forwarded a suggestion to me for the next version:

1. Purchase
---Go To Purchase

2. Return
---Go To other Return -or-
---Go To Menu.

barry/

barry-

idea

Post by barry- » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:46 pm

ah, my ideas bad now?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:50 pm

Barry,

Dale and I discussed it in chat the other night and think that it would be best if after a return or a void, you are simply returned to the main menu.

What do we think?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:35 pm

andrewbunn wrote:Barry,

Dale and I discussed it in chat the other night and think that it would be best if after a return or a void, you are simply returned to the main menu.

What do we think?
I think that is a great idea (less confusion and it goes to the menu if you do a void).

Thanks. :)