POS version 7.1e released 8-24-11.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
POS version 7.1e released 8-24-11.

Post by daleadmin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 pm

New Features since version 7.1

Add customers.
If you go to the Customer info feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and press [F4] to enter the database, the first option in bottom left corner of the screen is changed to “1. Add/Find/Edit/Display Customer.” If you choose this option, then “4. Add new customers.” You will be able to add new customers to the database without having to ring them up into a sale. After typing in the customer data press [TAB] to put the data into the database or press [ESC] to quit.
Note, when you enter customers using this method, the “First sale date” for each customer will be the date you entered the data, i.e., today’s date.

Reports
On merchandise reports “E” through “J” you will have a new option. “1. Include 0 sold items” will put items that were not sold in the report so that you have a list of what was sold and what was not sold. “2. Exclude 0 items” will only include items that have a non-zero amount sold in the report. Option #2 is the same as the old reports “E” through “J”.
WARNING! If you use autoreports to automatically print any reports “E” through “J” when you close the register, you will have reprogram the autoreport by re-entering the keystroke file. This is because there is this new option that will require a keystroke. This applies even if you still want the old “option #2” version of the report.

Bug fixs

This is a very serious bug. If you sold tickets, and they were paid by gift card, the value of the tickets was not subtracted from the total value of the gift card. This means that if the original value of the gift card was 100.00 and you used it to purchase 75.00 worth of tickets, after the purchase the gift card would still be worth 100.00. Reported by Emery. Fixed in version 7.1e.

If when entering the payment for tickets with general seating, if you went back to “Return to picking tickets” and then pressed [+] to return to pay for the tickets, the original tickets in the sale would not be printed. Also when returning to pay for tickets, if you take customer info, the program would think the customer info had changed even if it had not. Reported by Emery. Fixed in version 7.1e.

In the time clock feature if you changed the week ending day from SUNDAY to SATURDAY, then changed it back to SUNDAY, the time card would display with SATURDAY as the week ending day. Reported by CB. Fixed in version 7.1e.

When you were selling tickets with "General Seating" and you canceled or voided the uncompleted sale, the screen displayed a window saying, "No tickets have been sold." However the selected tickets we not returned to the pool. Reported by Emery. Fixed in version 7.1d

When in the "Print setup" feature if you tried to print a sample receipt the printer port setting came from the GLOBAL register instead of the LOCAL register (if the registers are networked together.) Reported by Emery. Fixed in version 7.1b.

When selling tickets the program would die when you would pay for the tickets (if the registers are networked together.) Reported by Emery. Fixed in version 7.1b.

If you tried to increase the number of recorded past transactions the file would be cleared. Fixed in version 7.1a.

Sometimes on a network the POS.EXE program would display a "Path / Access" error and the program would die. This could possiblly also happen on a stand-alone register. Reported by small. Fixed in version 7.1a.

This is a full download at http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm

Dukane
Forum Regular

Re: POS version 7.1e released 8-24-11.

Post by Dukane » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:44 am

I get the following error message when trying to access the category, vendor list, or stock table using the latest download. This happens when trying to open an existing register or if I just started a new one.

"Out of string space in line 0 of module CF22 at address 1184:0C91"

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Dukane,

I was able to verify that the category list and the vendor list could not be accessed through the POSCONFG.EXE program. However I had no problem getting to the stock table through the POSCONFG.EXE program.

The category list and vendor list bug have been fixed. It required changes in 3 different files so I have uploaded it as a new version 7.1f which can be downloaded from http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm.

If you can tell me how to cause the stock table access problem I will fix that also.

Dale

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 pm

My mistake it was not the stock table, only the category and vendor lists.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Dukane,

Great, now I can stop trying to get the stock table to fail and do something else with my life. :P

Dale

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm

daleadmin wrote:Dukane,

Great, now I can stop trying to get the stock table to fail and do something else with my life. :P

Dale
emery wrote:LOL
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Bug fix. In the "LOOKUP.EXE" program if you chose option "2. Vendor stock numbers only." or "3. Regular and vendor stock numbers." you were not able to also look up gift card balances. You can fix this by downloading http://dhpos.com/lookup.exe
This file only will be version 7.1f1
Reported by Emery

Fifo
Forum Regular

Post by Fifo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 am

Dale,

How do you type the curly quotation marks? (Yes, they are called "curly" quotation marks!)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 am

This is what Wikipedia has to say about curly quotes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark_glyphs

Since this sotware is DOS you cannot enter curly quotes in it.

Dale

Fifo
Forum Regular

Post by Fifo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:19 am

Dale wrote:This is what Wikipedia has to say about curly quotes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark_glyphs

Since this sotware is DOS you cannot enter curly quotes in it.

Dale
Dale,

I need it here, in this forum!

Fifo