Rewards Feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Good Feature

yes
80%
no
20%
other (posted below)
No votes

Total votes: 10

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Re: Rewards Feature

Post by daleadmin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Another baby step.

Version 7.1k BETA9 fixes the bug reported by cpb14 where it would sometimes ask twice if you wanted to make the entire sale tax exempt.

Same link http://dhpos.com/rewards.exe

Dale

broyer

Post by broyer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm

These issues are in the most recent beta. When voiding a transaction, I have noticed a couple of issues:

1. When a customer is opted out of the rewards program, voiding a transaction removes reward points from their account.

For example, if a customer buys $10 worth, but is opted out of the rewards program, they will receive 0 points. If the transaction is voided, their new reward points total is -10.

2. If a customer purchases $10 worth of merchandise, he is rewarded 10 points, a total of 10 points on the account. Voiding the transaction will result in a loss of 20 points, bringing his total to -10 points rather than 0.

Also, is there any way to change the default opt-in or out behavior? I would prefer to have transactions using customer info opt-in by default, as we would not be using the feature otherwise.

I hope the input might help. DHPOS has been a blessing to our business. Thank you so much for giving up your time and expertise to help others.

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Im almost postive that is happening because dale has not finished the beta that will handle voids.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Broyer,

CB is correct. I am currently working on voids with points and it will work correctly when I am done with it.

When entering a new person into the database it is just not that hard to hit the function key to have them OPT IN to the points system. I do realize that you will also have to OPT IN all your current customers once you are able to implement points in your store.

Originally there was to be no opting in or out, all customers would be in the rewards program. Then some folks told me that in their location customers have to have the option of opting out of the rewards program. So I made the choice to make OPT OUT the default so that no one had to worry about bing accused of forcing customers into the rewards program. This is also easier to code since in programming 0 = no and 1 = yes and of course 0 is the default what creating a file.

Dale