Rewards Feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Good Feature

yes
80%
no
20%
other (posted below)
No votes

Total votes: 10

cpb14
Forum Regular
Re: Rewards Feature

Post by cpb14 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 am

Dale

Just to inform you in Beta 3 if the customer has more points than the sale (which could happen) POS takes more than the amount of the sale and wants me to give change.

CB

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 pm

cpb14 wrote:Dale

Just to inform you in Beta 3 if the customer has more points than the sale (which could happen) POS takes more than the amount of the sale and wants me to give change.

CB
i get that as well, but it is no more then the half of the amount you have set to discount at a time.

If i get it to discount $10 and i have a $19.75 sale, it will give me change of $0.25
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 pm

OK, so I lied.

I do have a new version 7.1k BETA4 however it does not address the problem of paying more in points than the amount of the sale. (More on that below.)

The POS.EXE program had finally reached the point where I could not add even on byte to it and then either run the program or compile it. So I spent the day removing 20,000 bytes from it. The code removed is the part that closed out the register. That code has been moved to a new program file CLOSE.EXE.

So I need you to download http://dhpos.com/rewards.exe When this program is run it will expand into the files POS.EXE, POSCONFG.EXE, CF.EXE, FILEINFO.EXE and the new CLOSE.EXE file. These are all version 7.1k BETA4 files. What you need to test is closing out the register from the time you select "7. Close register" to the program shows the "GOODBYE" screen.

Does the program show the correct figures? Can you return to the main menu? Does it generate the "automatic reports" correctly? Does it reset the merchandise data? Do the passwords work? Will it print a "Z" reading receipt? etc, etc. And will it do all of this on a network?

As far as paying more in points than the amount of the sale, I can't get the program to do that, so I can't fix it. Does anyone have step by step instructions on getting the program to do this?

Dale

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 pm

daleadmin wrote:
As far as paying more in points than the amount of the sale, I can't get the program to do that, so I can't fix it. Does anyone have step by step instructions on getting the program to do this?

Dale
1. Have an item for 19.99
2. Set points to redeem $10 for every X points
3. Make sure you have more then twice of X in points
4. Go through sale, it will give 1 cent back, that is how i got it to
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:37 pm

I think I have the problem solved with the rewards points being more than the amount of the sale. In fact if the total value of the rewards points comes within 3¢ of the amount of the sale (plus or minus) the value of the points will equal the amount of the sale.

All this wonderment is in Version 7.1k BETA5 which can be downloaded from the same link http://dhpos.com/rewards.exe

Give a try and get to chat to tell me about it.

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Another day, another BETA

CB pointed out on the forum that if you used your points, and they totaled the amount of the sale, then if you made the sale non-taxable, the points would not reduce and be more than the amount of the sale.

So in BETA6 after you use your points, if the points equal the amount of the sale, the program will ask you if you want to make the sale non-taxable and then show you the totals and ask you if everything is correct and if you want to complete the sale.

Download from the usual link http://dhpos.com/rewards.exe

Make sure after you unzip it that it is actually BETA6.

Dale

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 am

Shouldn't it figure out by itself if everything is 'ok' ?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Emery,

While I have great faith in DHPOS that it will not make an error it is always possible that the cashier has somehow messed up. No discount or wrong discount? Taxable or not? Rang up 2 of something and it was supposed to be 3? Customer forgot to give you coupons? Amount of sale is too much and customer wants to take off something. Endless possiblities and this is your last chance to take a look and change something.

Plus since most "rewards" plans will only be giving less than 3 percent off it will be a rare occasion when the points will cover the total amount of the sale. I imagine that if you bought a computer on your last visit to the store and you are only buying a package of pencils this time that the points will cover it but usually after you use what points you have you will have to add money to the purchase to complete the sale. And only in the case of the points covering the amount of the sale would you see the "Is everything correct?" prompt.

Dale

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

some how made 2 posts when I edited the first post to include a quote
Last edited by small on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Dale,

And only in the case of the points covering the amount of the sale would you see the "Is everything correct?" prompt.

No matter what the amount of sale is and how many points are used it asks if everything is ok. Is it only suppose to ask if the amount of points is sufficient to cover the entire sale.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, oops. I guess that is why we have beta testers.

Fortunately it was a real quick fix and Version 7.1k BETA7 can be downloaded. The only change is the above problem is fixed.

Dale

cpb14
Forum Regular

Post by cpb14 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Dale

not trying to crab but why do i have to enter the tax password with beta 7 twice to tax exempt ok it asked me is is correct i chose yes then it wants the tax password again even though i just made it tax exempt with the password.

cb

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 pm

CB,

I get the program to ask me for the tax password then the tax ID number, they are two different things. The tax password is the the password in DHPOS that allows you to make the whole sale tax exempt. The tax ID number is the number issued by your local tax buddies that tells them that the customer does not have to pay tax and who he is.

If you are getting DHPOS to ask for the tax password twice (and not the tax ID number) please let me know how you are performing this trick since it seems to be beyond my capabilities.

I am in chat now, and you're not.

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Today's thrilling bug fix.

In version BETA7 if you total the sale and make it use rewards, then go back to change something in the sale, then total the sale and set it to not use rewards, then make the sale tax exempt, the sale would then use rewards points even though you told it not to.

I hope this bug has been as thrilling for you as it has been for me. I know of no better way to waste an entire afternoon like I did.

Anyway use the usual download link at http://keyhut.com/rewards.exe to be totally thrilled by version 7.1k BETA8

Dale

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:19 am

I cleared all history and cookies and temp files, but still says 7.1k beta 2.

I got it now, but had to download from another link.