Rewards Feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Good Feature

yes
80%
no
20%
other (posted below)
No votes

Total votes: 10

emery
Forum Regular
Rewards Feature

Post by emery » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:03 pm

REwards feature
i want dale to put a feature on where every ___$ spent it would take off ___$
exaample
Every 4$ spen you get 10 points
Every 100 points you get 5$ off
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca

small
Forum Regular

Re: Rewards Feature

Post by small » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:31 am

The accumulated points for a 30 day period as most stores do around here is deleted and the points start over, so all points are valid for a 30 day period and must be used before they expire. So i think there should be a choice of delete point after XX amount of days or not to delete the points.

Do you want the Reward Points Feature activated: Y
Expire Reward Points (0 = NEVER 30 - 120 Days):60
MINUMUM cashout: 100
POINT VALUE (Ex: .01, .05, .10, etc): .01
amount to spend for each point: 5.00
print reward point receipt if point cashout value has been reached: Y

Just a suggestion
Maybe something like this or similar
Last edited by small on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:42 am

Now, now, lets not all overwhelm Dale ;)
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 am

I add more to my above post

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:07 am

that is going to overwhlem dale o.O

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 pm

This feature does not seem to be creating a lot of passion. In the past I have had several requests for some kind of rewards program to be put into the DHPOS program but I guess it is no longer wanted.

If I am wrong then I need you to tell me what you want. Where I work there is a rewards program that I basically ignore. I have no idea how it works. In general I avoid getting a rewards card where I shop because I do not want to haul around a backpack to hold all of the rewards cards. I also do not want to have to expend the effort to find out what I have to do to get my rewards or how to calculate what the rewards are.

What all this means is that I have absolutely no idea what a rewards feature is. So explain it to me. Assume that I am stupid. All I know is that to get rewards a customer has to purchase stuff from a store to get rewarded. But I have no idea what needs to be purchased or what the rewards are for purchasing it.

I need details. Telling me that by purchasing stuff you get points that you can use to buy other stuff is useless to me. What do you need to purchase? Anything? Do you get more points for buying some things than others? Are the points based on the price of the item? How many points do you get based on what? When you get points how do you redeem them? Do you need a minimum number of points to redeem them? What is the dollar value of a point? Can you use only points to purchase something or do x number of points get you a percentage discount, what percentage? Do points expire if not used?

I KNOW NOTHING, TEACH ME!

Dale

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm

I was thinking, for every item in Category USER DEFINED to USER DEFINED
it would take the sub total from all of those items and divide it by USER DEFINED it would then be rounded UP or DOWN (userdefined) and that would be how many points they would get, it would print a little thing like this at the end of the receipt

--------------------------------------------------
Points received : ####
Total points: ####
--------------------------------------------------

The customer at the checkout would ask to use __ many of points to pay, the cashier would enter how many points they want to use and The pos would then deduct $___ For each point.

That is my idea for as little programing required

small
Forum Regular

Post by small » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:23 am

From Dales post, I think he did not even look at my post.

here is an artical I ran across:

Starting a Customer Rewards Program: Is it Right for You?

Does it make sense for your business to offer a loyalty program? It depends on what industry you're in. For retail stores, restaurants, and travel companies, maintaining a customer rewards program is almost a necessity to stay competitive because programs are so widespread in those sectors

BABASCHULHA
Occasional Poster

Post by BABASCHULHA » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm

My 2 cents :
I think this is a "Must have Feature", especially for the small businesses.
I was in USA and most customers in different retail stores (Big-Y)/ Childrens Place / etc etc) are so much used to these Points and they religiously follow and use this.
This is a good marketing feature to make customer visit again.
Back in India , this trend has just started... BUT only large Retail chains provide this feature. And since Dale's POS targets mainly small business segment. Customers at these small business love this "Rewards" and makes them revisit quite often.
So this will defintely boost our sales. For now I am going to use "Random Receipts Coupons"

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm

I see folks that tell me that they want a "rewards" feature but cannot tell me what a "rewards" feature is or how it should be operated. So I guess the only way for me to create this feature is to do it anyway I want to. Then wait for you folks to tell me that I did it all wrong and that it should be like something else.

This does not seem to be the most efficient way to do this but if you folks want to wait for me to get it wrong 17 times before you get what you want, I'm game.

This should be done (including mutliple revisions) sometime before the next ice age, maybe.

Dale

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:57 pm

daleadmin wrote:I see folks that tell me that they want a "rewards" feature but cannot tell me what a "rewards" feature is or how it should be operated. So I guess the only way for me to create this feature is to do it anyway I want to. Then wait for you folks to tell me that I did it all wrong and that it should be like something else.

This does not seem to be the most efficient way to do this but if you folks want to wait for me to get it wrong 17 times before you get what you want, I'm game.

This should be done (including mutliple revisions) sometime before the next ice age, maybe.

Dale
i though people explained it pree clearly, i dont know what you dont under stand, what do you not understand about it??????

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I wrote a manual draft and have sent it to small

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:33 pm

I have just freed myself from being Emery's zombie for the last 4 months and it is time to get back to working on DHPOS full time. This is the feature that I am working on next. I have thought about this a lot while being a zombie and I have written up the documentation for this feature which is printed below.

I have tried to make this as flexible as possible to that I only have to do this once. So here is your opportunity to crab about it. Read the text below and bitch now because once I finish it, it is finished.

Dale

Rewards

A “Rewards” program can be setup using this POS software. To set it up you must be using the “Customer Info” feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program because the rewards earned for each customer are saved in that customer’s info.

You also setup “Rewards” from the “Customer Info” feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program by pressing “[F5] Setup rewards”.

Customers earn rewards by earning points. Points are earned by purchasing items from your store. You have two options for earning points.

1. You can set the POS program to give points for any purchase made at your store. You decide how many points are earned for the amount of the sale. For example for every 1.00 purchased the customer can earn 10 points. You set the rate to anything you want.

2. You can set the POS program to give points for any purchase made at your store by category. You decide how many points are earned for each item purchased. For example for every 1.00 of brass keys purchased the customer can earn 10 points. For every 1.00 of rubber head keys purchased the customer can earn 15 points. For every 1.00 of sports keys purchased the customer can earn 20 points. No points are earned for purchases of split rings. You set the rates to anything you want.

There are two additional settings. You must set the minimum amount of points needed to redeem them and you must set the cash value of redeemed points, for example 100 points = 1.00

On every receipt the number of points earned on this purchase and the total number of points earned will be printed.

THIS PURCHASE = 230 REWARDS POINTS
TOTAL POINTS = 598

If enough points have been earned they may be redeemed as a “Reduction” to the sale. When you search for a customer the number the points earned will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen. (If you search for the customer at the end of the sale you must press [ESC] to return to the sale to redeem them.) To redeem the points press “[F9] Reduction” and choose “Redeem points.” Points will be automatically redeemed up to the value of the current sale. NOTE: Points earned in this sale cannot be redeemed in this sale.

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Sounds good, 1 thing, can i intrigrate this with the self checkout?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Maybe. An interesting question.

Dale