Ticket Validation feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

randyjabel
Ticket Validation feature

Post by randyjabel » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:05 pm

I manage a sports restaurant, and am implementing Dale's POS system. I sent Dale an email asking him about adding a validation feature to the POS system, which would enable a restaurant to print a validation on the back of a guest check after the customer receipt was printed.

The up-side to this would be to reduce the amount of receipt tape used, as we currently have to print a second receipt to staple to the tickets. Our receipt printer is an Epson TM-U325PD validating receipt printer that utilizes two separate drivers - one for receipts, and one for validation printing. Dale said that the amount of available space in the program file is tiny, but suggested I post this here to see if this is a feature that others have a need for as well.

I completely understand the space limitation, and we can certainly survive without this feature, but I decided to post it here just to see if anyone else does have a need for this.

Dale, I sincerely appreciate your quick response and your input on this situation.

Does anyone else have a NEED for this feature?

emery
Forum Regular

Re: Ticket Validation feature

Post by emery » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Why dont you create a poll?

-- I would have no need for this, but it could also be used for other bussnisses with advertising and promotions **
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca

Bobby
Forum Regular

Post by Bobby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Just a thought, if this uses two different printer drivers, is there a way you can implement the kitchen receipt printer feature to print one receipt to each printer? One to the receipt printer, and one two the validation printer?

Sincerely,
Bobby
R&S Tech Designs

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:10 am

You could also use the notes feature and just print it on the front, or you could use the coupons feature to print a "Titcket Stub" on the bottom
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca