Customer display working correctly?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster
Customer display working correctly?

Post by mmbwouters » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi everbody, this is my first question, so I hope somebody can answer it.

I have DHpos running on a WinXp pc. A customer display is attached to com1. When I choose direct access, the display works. But it uses only one line (2x20 display), for example when I sell 1 item of 14,95, first you see "1 x 14.95", when I press + you see 14.95 and finally you see 0.00. Is it correct that the display shows only one line instead of two?

Between every line the display shows, first you see some characters flying for right to left and then you see the correct line. So if I press "+", first you see flying characters and then the total amount. Is that correct?

When I choose pole.exe instead of direct access, the customer display is not working at all. Is that correct.

Thanks
Michael

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Customer display working correctly?

Post by daleadmin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Michael,

Your pole display should display 2 lines.

What brand of pole display do you have? This program has only been tested with "Logic Controls" brand displays.

Dale

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster

Post by mmbwouters » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:24 am

Dale,

The brand is VFD DSP-800F.

Didn't know what to expect, so after trying different command modes, CD5220 seems to work fine. Now the display uses 2 lines, and no flying characters.

Thanks,
Michael

ToPS

Post by ToPS » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Dale,

I also have a problem with the pole display.
On two PC's on my networked system Pole.exe does not work at all - the display just stays blank and the programs reaction time when items are scanned slows down a lot.
On the other PC direct access works fine and I do not want to play around with the settings and maybe mess things up and I also have not tested pole.exe on this PC.
I have "copied" the settings from the 1 that works to the other 2 machines without any luck.

On both of the PC's that pole.exe does not work, direct access slows everything down to a crawl.
In a sale when barcodes are scanned there is a substantial delay before the item is displayed in the sale but when the pole display is disabled in posconfig everything works great.

All 3 pole displays are CD7220's connected to the respective com1 ports.

I have tried various settings but without any improvement - the only way the reaction time of DHPOS is normal is when the pole display is not used.
The symptoms are very similar to that of not having a pole display connected but the program is configured to use one.

All 3 machines were upgraded to version 7.1g from the same older version at the same time.
I gave this a lot of thought but it does not make sense why one works but the other 2 not keeping in mind that one of the systems giving problems is identical to the one that works fine.

I still want to try changing the com cables and doing a fresh DHPOS install and I will post here if anything makes any difference.

Any thoughts on what else I could try will be appreciated.

Regards.

ToPS

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 pm

ToPS,

Did it work better with the old version of DHPOS?

Dale

ToPS

Post by ToPS » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:26 am

Dale,

yes it did work better with the older version.

You might recall that some time ago we discussed the matter that with a previous upgrade of the program (can't remember which, maybe 6.4) there was also a change in how the pole display re-acted.
It used to display "Serving you is XYX" nice and steady while on the sales page, but after the update to DHPOS it just flashed it across the pole display which then went blank until an item is rung up. The rest of the display then worked as expected.
If possible could you please have a look at that as well when you look at the current issue?

Thank You.

ToPS