Receipt Notes on 80 Character Receipts

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular
Receipt Notes on 80 Character Receipts

Post by ChrisKraus » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I noticed that when using receipt notes with an 80 character receipt printout, the notes tend to fall in the center of the line.
It looks completely unaligned with the item descriptions, and the notes are not even the full width.
See Picture Below - Let me know if there is a work-around or fix.
Thanks-Chris
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Receipt Notes on 80 Character Receipts

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 am

ChrisKraus,

When you enter a note into a receipt is it stored as a multi-line description. Since descriptions are limited to 26 characters so is each lind of the note. The only way that I was able to add this feature to the program was that it actually used very little code as I am running out of space in DOS. Combining lines to make longer lines would use up more code so I did not do that.

Sorry,
Dale

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 pm

How do you access this feature?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:34 pm

From the manual at http://keyhut.com/postip7.htm#ringing Scroll down a little there is more that what is posted below. This is a fairly recent feature and I is assumed that you have a fairly recent version of DHPOS.

And, no, this feature is not available in DSC. Talk to emery about that.

[CTRL] + [F12] Notes.
If you hold down [CTRL] and press [F12] you will be able to type a note into your sale. The note will take the place of 1 to 7 descriptions in your sale. A note can be up to 210 characters long. Type in your note and press [ENTER] to insert the note or [ESC] cancel.

After typing the text and while still in the entry box if you hold down [ALT] and press a function key from [F1] to [F10] you will save the note with that [F?] key. When you return to the entry box you can retrieve the note by holding down [CTRL] and pressing the same [F?] key so you can save and retrieve up to 10 notes.

In fact if you hold down [CTRL] and press [F1] to [F10] from the sales screen you can retrieve a note and put it directly into a sale.

Dale