Layaway

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular
Layaway

Post by ProDeZigner » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 pm

The manual references it to the customer accounts, I can't figure out how to get this going. Any guidance?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Layaway

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:21 am

ProDeZigner,

Well, you can't.

This is a feature that has been proposed, and occasionally worked on, for years. It is not an easy feature to implement and if I did nothing else it would still take quite a while. But in all this time, life happened. Many, many other features that were highly requested and took little time compared to customer accounts got done. And customer accounts did not. Although several things that needed to get done in order for customer accounts to happen did get done but for other features.

I am currently working on a rewards feature for the program. That will be the very last feature to be implemented in the DOS / QB7.1 version of the program simply because I have totally run out of code space in the POS.EXE program file.

I am planning on adding customer accounts to the program eventually / someday / maybe / probably / never / kind of. Pick the one you want. But if / when it happens it will have to happen after I have ported the program to QB64. Maybe your grandchildren can use it?

Dale

broyer

Post by broyer » Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I have written a layaway program for use along with DHPOS. We use it in our stores to manage hundreds of layaways. It is not very good, but I would be happy to share it if anyone is interested.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri May 11, 2012 7:02 pm

broyer,

Would you consider putting your program on my "3rd party" software page?

Dale

broyer

Post by broyer » Wed May 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Dale,

I would be fine with that. I do not have a web host, but I would be happy to share the program by e-mail or something. Let me know.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Broyer,

You can send it out by email if you wish or I can put it up on my site and give you a download link.

Dale