Total sales report messed up

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster
Total sales report messed up

Post by mmbwouters » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 am

Hello,

For 1 month now I use DHPos 7.1h on a stand-alone PC with no network connection. Everyday I close the register, the closing report is just fine. Yesterday I noticed that the sales report is messed up. Only the cash-, check-, credit- and debit sale totals are in the right place, all other totals are not in the right place. For example, on the closing report of 2/10/2012 the value of cash return is -39.95. When I make a total sales report for that day the cash return is 0 but the credit card return is -39.95.

Some other totals who are not in the right place on the total sales report:
'debit return' is on 'total tax'
'netsales' is on 'sub reg cash',
'gross sales' is on 'cash in reg',
'cash in reg' is on 'debit in reg'
etc etc.

On a other computer I also have DHpos for test purposes, on the test PC the same problem.

Can you help me out.

Thanks,

Michael

small
Forum Regular

Re: Total sales report messed up

Post by small » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:11 pm

mmbwouters,

The newest version of DHPOS is 7.1j. Trying downloading the newest version and see if your reports are the same. I no longer myself have version 7.1h, but all my reports come out good in version 7.1j.

I download pos 7.1h and all sales reports are fine for me. printed and on screen reports.

is the reports off on the screen report or the printed report or both.

what kind of printer are you using?
are you using APRINT 6 or LPT?
is it set to print 40 or 80 characters?
what font type and size are you using?
What os are you using DOS, Windows 98, Windows xp, Windows 7?

list any other information that may be helpful to Dale.

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster

Post by mmbwouters » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm

The problem is not in the printer, on screen the report is also messed up.

I have found out the some more. When I start a new register everything works fine. But when I copy my old xxx.POS file (with all the register settings) its get wrong. I rung a return sale of 15.00 cash, before I closed the register I checked the total sales report, the -15.00 was on cash return. After closing the register, I checked the total sales report again, now the -15.00 was on credit return. Somehow something is wrong in the xxx.POS file.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:26 pm

mmbwouters,

Is your old ?????.POS file from an older version of the program? If you use a version that is so old that it did not account for gift card sales or user-defined sales or other things then they will not line up in the current version. Old things have to be moved to allow space for the new stuff. It is expected that you close out the register and reset the closing figures to zeros when you are up grading to a new version.

Dale

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster

Post by mmbwouters » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Dale,

I started with 7.1h so the problem could not be a older version.

I installed a new register version 7.1j on my test PC. Works OK. Then I manually entered all the POSCONFG settings which I made in my actual register into the test PC. And the problem is back again. After that I replaced the xxx.POS file with a empty one, problem is gone.

So somehow I managed to make a setting in the POSCONFG which messes up the total sales report.

Michael

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 pm

mmbwouters,

You have me mystified. I know of no one else with this problem. If you can figure it out let me know what you change in the configuration to cause this problem.

Dale

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster

Post by mmbwouters » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:09 am

Dale,

I think the problem is fixed. Again I started with blank xxx.POS file on my test PC and manually entered the correct settings. After every set of settings I checked to see if it goes wrong again. But it didn't, so after entering the last settings everything was still OK. I replaced the xxx.POS file on my register with the new one and as far as I can see it works fine. So for now case closed.

Thanks for your reply,
Michael