Problem with sale parking

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

stuartgraham
Problem with sale parking

Post by stuartgraham » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:06 pm

Hello there again,
I posted a message yesterday but it wasn't successful so I thought I'd post again!

Well - my problem is that I can print a sales cheque ok, but when I go to retrieve the sale, it says 'You cannot access that function from here'. I am not using networked computers either. I press F6 in the normal transaction mode. Should I be pressing it somewhere else?

Perhaps you could run through a typical scenario for me - to give me a better picture on what I should be doing!?

Great program though.... you have revolutionised the world of ePOS systems

Best wishes,
Stuart Graham
London, United Kingdom
-------------------------

Bobby
Forum Regular

Be more specific!

Post by Bobby » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:08 pm

Hello,

I am using v5.05 stand alone, and I am not having any problems parking sales. Could you be more specific on how you are getting to your problem? i.e. what version you are using, do you have the register set up to go to next sale, or to go to the purchase screen, here is a step by step example of parking a sale in a sales check situation:

Main screen, press (1) Purchase, press <enter>
Enter pin number, press <enter>
Ring merchandise, at any time, I can hit <F6> to go to the sales parking menu, or I can hit <+> to get options to finish sale, or print sales check.
Hit (2) to print sales check.
Put in code to save transaction, hit enter.

To retrieve that transation, I just hit <F6> from the purchase screen (where I can ring merchandise).
Hit (4) to void and retrieve parked sale.
Enter in code for the sale I want, hit <enter>
I am now back at the parked sale.

Hope that this helps,
Bobby

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:03 am

Please don't create a new thread for a topic you just posted yesterday.

By posting replies in an existing thread (even those several months old) it moves it to the top of the listing again so everyone can see it contains new content.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

stuartgraham

Sale parking

Post by stuartgraham » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:20 am

In reply to the message you posted yesterday about Sale Parking

I can get through all of those steps OK, its only when I get to pressing F6 to retrieve a sale, it comes up with an error message saying "you cannot access this function from here".

There's no reason why it shouldn't work, however, I would like to get it working!

I'm using V5.05.

Please help!

Best wishes,
Stuart

p.s. Apologies to the moderator - I will not post a new thread in future! Sorry...