Customer Pole Display Program

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

small
Forum Regular
Customer Pole Display Program

Post by small » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Well once again I am uploading my new version of Realpole.exe. What is realpole.exe, well it is kinda like Dale's Big Pole program, only mine has a real customer pole like display. so if you wanna download it then click on the below link. Instructions are included in the zip file (readme.txt).

download realpole.exe click this link
http://www.madpricer.com/realpole.html

Please do leave some kind of feed back.

THANK YOU
Last edited by small on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

small
Forum Regular

Re: Customer Pole Display Program

Post by small » Fri May 04, 2012 10:32 pm

The link to realpole.exe is back up. Please Leave Feedback.
I am working on a version of realpole.exe that will allow you to enter text to scroll when the pole is not ringing up a sale.
check back often for updates.

Thank You

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat May 05, 2012 5:07 am

"This application has failed to start because SDL_image.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat May 05, 2012 5:13 am

Norton Sonar has detected a program that is acting suspiciously on your computer.
REALPOLE.EXE has been removed.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat May 05, 2012 5:23 am

Since the instructions are fairly short why not just put them in a post here like below. Also a graphic would be nice so folks can see what they are getting into.
===========================================================================================================
REAL POLE SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

(THIS README.TXT FILE IS INCLUDED IN THIS ZIP FILE. PLEASE READ IT.)

To use Realpole.exe you must have 2 computers networked. You must share the cash register folder on The computer that will be running the cash register program with the computer that will be running the realpole.exe program.

if you do not know how to share a folder from one computer to another then google "How to share a folder on a network" make sure that in the section "Network sharing and security" that you have both options check-marked "Share this folder on the network" and "Allow network users to change my files".

You can put the realpole.exe files anywhere on the computer that is going to run realpole.exe.

Realpole.exe requires a path to you register files. When you first start realpole.exe press F8 to setup the path to the register files although if you run it without a path it will go to the setup register path screen.

the path to your host computer will have a path like \\computer name\register file name\. For example if you have set your computers name to "betty" and the folder that holds your register files is named "register" then your path to the host computer will be "\\betty\register\" (without the quotes).

After you enter your path and press enter you will be returned to the main menu. From the main menu to run realpole.exe in fullscreen mode press the "F1" key. To run realpole.exe in a window press the "F2" key. Press the "F8" key to reset the path and press the "F9" key to exit the program.

To exit the pole program while in the pole program just press the "ESC" key. NOTE: Make sure the path is going to your local register files, not the global files.

That is about the best I can do to explain it, if you need help you can find me in dales chat room usually around 8:00pm - 10:00pm central standard time.