Display pole dp3000ub

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

delatorre
Display pole dp3000ub

Post by delatorre » Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Can anyone guide me please?

I have a logic controls dp3000ub (usb) conected and working on com3 but cant get the pos.exe to work with it. It works under dos with commands. I have xp sp3. Under device manager everything seems correct im getting the settings from there and appling them to the posconfig. Restart pole.exe but nothing.

I tried moving it to other com port and still dont work. Am I missing something?

Any help will be appreciated

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Display pole dp3000ub

Post by daleadmin » Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 pm

delatorre,

My POS program is DOS (QuickBASIC 7.1) software which basically will not access serial ports in Windows versions 2000 or later. As far as USB ports are concerned QB has no concept of what those are at all.

The POLE.EXE program will work under later versions of Windows but only on old style serial ports.

My best suggestion to you is to drop in to chat http://keyhut.com/chat.htm later tonight and talk to Jon about adding USB support to POLE.EXE

Dale

delatorre

Post by delatorre » Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 am

Now I have a pd3000 serial. But still cant make it work with pole.exe.

I tested with dos commands and it worked.

Windows xp sp3
9600,n,8,1

Any help will be appreciated

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue May 22, 2012 6:56 pm

delatorre,

Can I assume that you went to the "Pole display" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and set the correct serial port and the correct settings for that port? Also that the POLE.EXE program and the POS.EXE program are being run from the same folder.

Dale

delatorre

Post by delatorre » Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 am

I did that. I can see the sale being displayed in te pole.exe window but not on the actual display. I tried diffeent com ports. Different settings and nothing. I had all pos files in a folder in my desktop, I tried installing it directly in a folder in c:/ location and still nothing.

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm

delatorre,
did the folder you created under C:\ conform to DOS naming convention? ie no spaces, one to eight characters in length, no special characters, blah, blah, blah...
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

JavierG

Post by JavierG » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Bumping this thread as I am having a similar issue.

I just purchased a Logic Controls PD3000 serial pole display and I'm having trouble getting it to work with the pole.exe program. My pc is running Windows XP SP3. I verified the pole display works and is set to the correct com port (com1) with hyperterminal. Pole.exe is in the same folder as POS.exe. When I launch pole.exe I get nothing on the logic controls screen. If I configure the pole to direct access I get characters but "B" appears on the upper left hand corner and the rest of the text is not centered. I hope someone can help. As a usb monitor is not practical in our application.

Thanks,
Javier